Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Matthewjohn

This looks in good condition if it is a little expensive new nct too
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3006310

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

RoverJames wrote: »
    I know that lad's sister, Ulick.

That's not the Magee family is it?:P:P

cadaliac wrote: »
    That's not the Magee family is it?:P:P

... seller is Barry Mcgee :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

dgt wrote: »

Maybe its my imagination but it would seem that Alfa Romeo is sitting on the ground at the front nearside.

Nother Vectra
    for ye's. If all it needs is the drivers door lock and the dent on the passenger door isin't overly bad, then its going for handy money at €550, a years NCT and mileage by no means severe for a 99. Pity the photos or lack of them are so bad. Colour ain't the nicest either but we are in the bangernomics thread;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

02 avensis, Taxed and NCT'd till the end of the year.

€120!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2878661

baraca wrote: »
    02 avensis, Taxed and NCT'd till the end of the year.

€120!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2878661

€1200 I'd say he means :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'd hope so, I couldn't find a tongue in cheek smiley for the post!

I'd be guessing so as well. In the same manner that people put in the mileage ar$eways, insist on calling four door saloons five door cars and call it a TDI even though its a Toyota or Nissan diesel etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

That Camaro has all the class of an old North side Dublin prostitute, the build quality of a Lego wall and its about as advanced as a wheel barrow .........but you still would :D Some yoke for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

call it a TDI even though its a Toyota or Nissan diesel etc

My avensis is a TDI on the logbook

Seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Saab Ed wrote: »
    That Camaro has all the class of an old North side Dublin prostitute, the build quality of a Lego wall and its about as advanced as a wheel barrow .........but you still would :D Some yoke for the money.

I'm actually considering it! :o

Was only talking to a buddy last week about the E38. If I was to sell it I don't have the money at the moment to add to it to get anything interesting but this would fit the bill! I'm paying €1683 tax on the E38 anyhow and fuel consumption wouldn't be much different. :cool:

colm_mcm wrote: »

Seriously

Really. I know there is Avensis TD but never heard of a TDI Avensis. Then again my current car is marked as blue on logbook even though its most certainly Navy, my previous car was maked down as red on logbook even though it was most certainly burgandy (following manufacturers paint codes on both).

I think the whole calling Peugeot/ Renault/ Nissan/ Ford diesels TDI's stems from the world and his wife having an unhealthy obsession with wanting to own a VW in this country!

I think the whole calling Peugeot/ Renault/ Nissan/ Ford diesels TDI's stems from the world and his wife having an unhealthy obsession with wanting to own a VW in this country!

LR used TDi before VW did me thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Seriously
    Thats crazy, Mine just says TD.
    There is an intercooler though:D

Oh I acknowledge that other manufacturers apart form VW badge their cars TDI but some would seem to suggest that cars not badged TDI are TDI's.

Anyhow back on topic, a runaround Mondeo for handy money. Again a pity about the lack of pictures though

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Thats crazy, Mine just says TD.
    There is an intercooler though:D

Registration 01D*****
    Make TOYOTA
    Model AVENSIS
    Description 2.0 TDI AURA
    Fuel Type DIESEL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Registration 01D*****
    Make TOYOTA
    Model AVENSIS
    Description 2.0 TDI AURA
    Fuel Type DIESEL
    Irish car registration database is some joke :rolleyes:. I remember my friend bought a car here to import it back into his own country. He had some trouble getting it registered over there, as the data in the log book was like this:

Make: Mercedes-Benz
    Model: Other
    Power: 9999
    Weight: (?)
    Body Type: Jeep :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Fiat too, both the technology and moniker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Seriously

Really. I know there is Avensis TD but never heard of a TDI Avensis. Then again my current car is marked as blue on logbook even though its most certainly Navy, my previous car was maked down as red on logbook even though it was most certainly burgandy (following manufacturers paint codes on both).

Ah now, how many colours do you need? Imagine two guards trying to keep an eye out for an Apricot Yaris.
    "jaysus, I dunno that looks more like peach to me" "could be terracotta?" "could be...."

A rough approximation is all that's needed for official records on colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Maybe its my imagination but it would seem that Alfa Romeo is sitting on the ground at the front nearside.

It seems to be parked on a footpath - well the drivers side is anyway...:rolleyes:

langdang wrote: »
    Ah now, how many colours do you need? Imagine two guards trying to keep an eye out for an Apricot Yaris.
    "jaysus, I dunno that looks more like peach to me" "could be terracotta?" "could be...."

A rough approximation is all that's needed for official records on colour.

I find it all all a bit mad to be honest with you. The apricots, peaches and terracottas are all pretty similar colours alright. But if I was a guard at a checkpoint specifically looking out for a red Vectra and a burgandy one came along I think I'd nearly wave it along. I certainly wouldn't consider stopping it in account of its colour alone. I know there is a very definate red colour in the Vectra which is the one I'd be on the lookout for. Wine/ burgandy one colour but red a different vectra entirely I'd be on the lookout for:p

zapata wrote: »
    It seems to be parked on a footpath - well the drivers side is anyway...:rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe thats it but the front nearside does look lower than the rear nearside all the same. Maybe front wheel is over a manhole or something. Still though does look to be a well cared for car, not a spec of dirt or grease to be seen in the engine bay

.... if you were a Garda you'd be more than aware that red covers lots of shades in logbook land :)

.... if you were a Garda you'd be more than aware that red covers lots of shades in logbook land :)

Ah well, guess it shows I haven't been to Garda college;)

Potential rocket
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3008379?cid=3008379&

It's a TDI, even though it says sdi on the boot.

Vrt is €320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MMMMMmmmmmmm....

Taaaxxxxx

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Don't see too many 430s around ere, tax and test too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

MMMMMmmmmmmm....

Taaaxxxxx

Feck tax, that's a reliable 4.3 V8 for the cost of a poxy TDI. Oh, and it was €3250 when I looked it it yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement