Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

colm_mcm wrote: »

That's been for sale a long time. Seen those pica months ago. Nice bus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

That Ford is a total bargain, 13 months NCT and tax till 09/13 for €650. Air-con, cruise, auto and leather as well!

Its Bangernomictastic !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2888428

5 series luxury, €1200, short NCT though and no mention of mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

bijapos wrote: »
    That Ford is a total bargain, 13 months NCT and tax till 09/13 for €650. Air-con, cruise, auto and leather as well!

Its Bangernomictastic !!!
    Tax expired 09/2011, but still nice bangernomics

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Not GTI on the tax book. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭bladespin

Not GTI on the tax book. Awesome.

Easy to insure :rolleyes: until you need insurance that is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

i dont think there were a standard 2.0 petrol 206 anyway, so insurance company will know its a gti straightaway.

am i wrong?

nah, you're right, there were only the Gran Tourisme and GTi models, which AFAIK are pretty much the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭bladespin

mondymike wrote: »
    i dont think there were a standard 2.0 petrol 206 anyway, so insurance company will know its a gti straightaway.

am i wrong?

Not sure but I wouldn't be comfortable without notifying them, after that happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

It's probably an import and they just have 206 2.0 on the book, no big deal, insurance company will only ave 2.0 diesels and 2.0 GTI petrol on their system

It's probably a low bhp model too, some are 180hp. Drove a 206cc with the standard 2.0 and it wasn't exactly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

flash1080 wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2888428

5 series luxury, €1200, short NCT though and no mention of mileage.
    Nice valet job - car looks very well. A bit more info wouldn't go astray though - like mileage....
    johnos1984 wrote: »
    Again, more info would help the ad. Make, model, mileage.

Sure, we know what it is, but will the average punter? Or will it be found by someone searching for it?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Esel wrote: »
    Sure, we know what it is, but will the average punter? Or will it be found by someone searching for it?

It isn't a car for the average punter!

That said not even managing as much as the Marque in the advert is a new one, and you are right!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LOL, crazy ad. Maybe the seller has had a few bevvies? Bargain all the same. Nice 'Rocco

Mywheels says it's a 1.8. Could be either the base model or a GT. 90 or 95 BHP so :)

90LS2421
    Make VOLKSWAGEN
    Model SCIROCCO
    Description SCIROCCO1.8 SCALA 3DR
    Fuel Type PETROL

The Scala first appeared in the UK in 1987. Originally it had the 1.8 carb engine, but later had the injection engine when the GTX was phased out. Colour coding was everywhere on this model. Bodykit, seats, mirrors, bumpers, wheels and even the Scala logo matched the body colour. Tail lights were either black or white.

Colour choices were Alpine white with Lasky white seats, Helios blue with Mauritius blue seats, Paprika red with Carmine red seats or Sapphire metallic with Dove grey seats. The Scala started out as a special edition, but eventually replaced the GTX.
    Scalas originally came with this 1.8 90bhp carb engine. It was later replaced with the 1.8 112bhp injection engine

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3056801?cid=3056801&

Nice looking e39

No mention of how much test there is, but nice colour combo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Col200sx wrote: »
    Quoting my own post here, but there's better pics put up now, it looks pretty good except for 2 small dings above the rear drivers-side arch.

Very tempted..........

How is that not sold by now......... If its still there in july, il have it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

nah, you're right, there were only the Gran Tourisme and GTi models, which AFAIK are pretty much the same thing.

GTi = Grand Touring Injection

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote: »
    GTi = Grand Touring Injection

Yeah great, but there are 2 separate models, Gran Tourisme and GTi

The Gran Tourisme was the one with the massive bumpers you often see replicas of on the skangermobile thread, they made 4000 of them when they did the WRC

So theres

Gran Tourisme 137hp
    GTi 137hp
    GTi 180hp (which didn't come till years later)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ridiculous, but to be expected from the French I suppose; they do love their "special editions". As do their dopey dealers -- there's probably a GTi Grand Tourisme "Wave" too.

Apparently the big bumpers were to do with rally homolgomation,mwhich is a bit ridiculous considering how little of the road car is shared with the WRC car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

S40, NCT 7/12, Tax 5/12 for €1300:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3058827
    Full-10223147.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

mickdw wrote: »
    is it the same guy selling that wine Ls 430 as was selling it first for 2,000? doesnt seem to be moving so fast now

Not sure, but it's gone now anyway.

6 owners on the car. I was giving it serious consideration, but that many owners and the fact the seller just had it 5 months put me off. Hiding the numberplates through angled shots didn't inspire either.

I know they're generally very reliable, but a big bill would really hurt, and I had a bad feeling about that particular car. Seller told me he was selling it as he "had a right bumpy road to his house, and he needed 4 x 4". Piss poor reason for sale, didn't buy it...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3056801?cid=3056801&

Nice looking e39

No mention of how much test there is, but nice colour combo

that car lives in leixlip , its in good nick , just considering the road down to it id check out the suspension, clean car though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Lovely 156 Here for 700:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3057527

Very nice example and looks well looked after. NCT just out and Tax isn't mentioned..

Full-10216940.jpeg

Hmm.. If only I could get over my practical, money-concious mind.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Redisle wrote: »
    Lovely 156 Here for 700:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3057527

Very nice example and looks well looked after. NCT just out and Tax isn't mentioned..

Full-10216940.jpeg

Hmm.. If only I could get over my practical, money-concious mind.. :(

Do it man! Looks like a very clean example alright but the lack of an NCT would put me off! Regardless the 2.0TS engine is a peach and with a recent cambelt change it could be tempting.

If he has it for the last 2 years and has the receipt for the parts for the timing belt change it would point to him having done it himself, that coupled with the reason for sale being another project in mind, the expired NCT points to that car being a potential tub of sh1t, I cannot understand why he wouldn't throw it through the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RoverJames wrote: »
    If he has it for the last 2 years and has the receipt for the parts for the timing belt change it would point to him having done it himself, that coupled with the reason for sale being another project in mind, the expired NCT points to that car being a potential tub of sh1t, I cannot understand why he wouldn't throw it through the test.

Completely agree on the NCT thing, the car would be worth another €500 if it had an NCT (for €55) on it. There could of course be a few small jobs that need doing but I doubt it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement