Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3169228

new flywheel,
    looks honest,
    400!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Scary that the owner doesn't know that it's a 406.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Right so lads - I've decided to move on the 7er! Fantastic car in every shape and form but it's time to let her go. I would have advertised her for €2.5k and taken closer to €2k but she's developed a few nigglies lately and I want rid before I have to spend another €475 in tax in May.
    Full-10751565.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3169659

If the few niggles are just that I'd elaborate a bit on them if I was you :) Especially if they are DIYable for most folks handyish with spanners.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    she's developed a few nigglies lately

I would specify exactly what these are. Makes the ad looks honest and would attract people who don't mind doing a bit of DIY :)

BTW sorry you have to let it go :(
    I'll never be as sorry again letting my own 735 go :(

Edit - that fecker beat me to it again :D

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    I would specify exactly what these are. Makes the ad looks honest and would attract people who don't mind doing a bit of DIY :)

I'm a big believer in Karma and had list of niggles when I posted first but decided to edit it so not to put callers off. They call and I'll tell them straight. ;)

I'll never get as good a car for the money again but I just can't afford €150 in tax a month anymore. Looking at picking up a V6 Capri as a daily once I move the 7er on.

You could advertise that bmw for 500 and still not sell it

argosy2006 wrote: »

Let's not get carried away now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yes, lets not! More Bangers please!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Real Gti ish.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3170803

Looks rough as a badger in the photos which means it's probably manky altogether, but if the engine is right you'd get your money back in parts on the double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'm a big believer in Karma and had list of niggles when I posted first but decided to edit it so not to put callers off. They call and I'll tell them straight. ;)

I'll never get as good a car for the money again but I just can't afford €150 in tax a month anymore. Looking at picking up a V6 Capri as a daily once I move the 7er on.

Sorry MCM, but the majority of the few people who would be interested will see "no NCT" and "a few niggles" and think "megabucks repairs" and move to the next ad. I know I would. If it IS just a few small niggles, get 'em done and the car should be snapped up with a new test. If you can't afford that, test it anyway, get the fail report so a buyer knows what needs to be done and list the niggles in the ad.

Sorry MCM, but the majority of the few people who would be interested will see "no NCT" and "a few niggles" and think "megabucks repairs" and move to the next ad. I know I would. If it IS just a few small niggles, get 'em done and the car should be snapped up with a new test. If you can't afford that, test it anyway, get the fail report so a buyer knows what needs to be done and list the niggles in the ad.

I would have preferred to get the few bits sorted and put it through the test but putting it up for sale was kind of impulse anyhow as I have my eye on something else. It's a fine looking car and I would take €1250 as is but wouldn't settle for less than €2k with test and niggles sorted.

Niggles as follows BTW:

ABS sensor needs to be replaced @ €54
    Power regulator in drivers door giving intermittent problems @ €99.50
    Will need two new front tyres for test cq. €300

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i would definitely list them myself if theyre that small.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Don't be a spoil sport. That car will sell to the right person. It just takes a wee bit longer these days.
    ABS sensor needs to be replaced @ €54
    Power regulator in drivers door giving intermittent problems @ €99.50
    Will need two new front tyres for test cq. €300

On a budget, a set of part worn premium brand tyres can be got for about 130 EUR. The ABS sensor is a straight forward job, just a **** to get the old one out sometimes.

And well, the power regulator shouldn't cause too much of an issue for a test. Worst case, if you don't get any calls, get the test sorted and it'll be easier to flog.

/M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Real Gti ish.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3170803

Looks rough as a badger in the photos which means it's probably manky altogether, but if the engine is right you'd get your money back in parts on the double.

+1, and buckle seats ??:D

there rest of the car looks buckled too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Marlow wrote: »
    On a budget, a set of part worn premium brand tyres can be got for about 130 EUR. /M

Could you suggest a good place for me to go?? Im on the lookout! anywhere in leinster wud be good cheers! :)

gollywog wrote: »
    Could you suggest a good place for me to go?? Im on the lookout! anywhere in leinster wud be good cheers! :)

Tyreland in Glasnevin or Swords.

/M

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3171389
    New wheels good tyres,
    What did they cost,
    cheap car considering,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

dgt wrote: »
    not worth €65, let alone €650,. Seriously, scrap value only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

cadaliac wrote: »

Ahh its worth 450 to the right person, those 850's are bulletproof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

They may throw in the vis vest to sweeten the deal so let's not write it off JUST yet!

RoverJames wrote: »
    If the few niggles are just that I'd elaborate a bit on them if I was you :) Especially if they are DIYable for most folks handyish with spanners.
    unkel wrote: »

i would definitely list them myself if theyre that small.

Done! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Done! ;)

BTW, not sure if it's deliberate or not, but your dash pic makes it clear that your car is suffering from the (very common) dead pixel problem. May want to change pics or mention it in ad as well (cheap fix IIRC) - people who have done their research will have copped it anyway.

BTW, not sure if it's deliberate or not, but your dash pic makes it clear that your car is suffering from the (very common) dead pixel problem. May want to change pics or mention it in ad as well (cheap fix IIRC) - people who have done their research will have copped it anyway.

I've yet to come across one that doesn't suffer from it to some degree but thanks anyhow. ;)

Scrap value is a lot more than 65 EUR and with the LPG kit, it's actually worth quite a lot. There's just another LPG station opened outside Dublin and we're talking pricing at 70c/l mark.

It being an estate also makes it sought after.

A NCT would help the sale though.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Full-10655293.jpeg

NCT 8-12 and Tax 10-12
    170k miles.
    €1295. Always liked these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Thats ****ing hideous. You would want to be right del boy to drive one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement