Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RoverJames wrote: »
    No NCT so many folks won't consider it :) Rightly or wrongly, of course it is very much dependent on the actual condition of the car. The price of the test and a small job or two could require €300/€400 investment which makes it look less attractive very quickly. Might fly through as is too.

€700 for a tested Volvo 7-seater doesn't seem too bad to me... Find a second hand leather interior for it and it could be a very nice car. :)

166man wrote: »
    €700 for a tested Volvo 7-seater doesn't seem too bad to me... Find a second hand leather interior for it and it could be a very nice car. :)

Here's one for €550 asking price :)
    Full-10766934.jpeg
    Tested for almost 12 months :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3172849

Here's one for €550 asking price :)
    Full-10766934.jpeg
    Tested for almost 12 months :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3172849

Christ that looks rough... I think I'd rather one with a brand new test, nicer wheels and in better condition than that one above for an extra €250 tbh...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Christ that looks rough...........

Aside from the steelies how does it look rough in any way?
    I can't even see scuffs on the corners :confused:

If a leather interior is a viable upgrade I can't see how sourcing a set of 2nd hand alloys wouldn't be feasible.

If that one had alloys and someone else posted it I suspect you'd think it a great suggestion.
    .......... I think I'd rather one with a brand new test, nicer wheels and in better condition than that one above for an extra €250 tbh...:)

Find one so ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Aside from the steelies how does it look rough in any way?
    I can't even see scuffs on the corners :confused:

+1

in fact, from one of the side shots it looks fairly minty. it's funny house steelies could put someone off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Stick a set of hubcaps on that and you could flip it for a couple hundred quid for feck's sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

205 BHP Aero 9-3 and a total sleeper and all for 1300 quid ...

526944_3394461816073_1105520952_33232487_1561555713_n.jpg

Needs some pulleys, sump drop/clean and if i'm really sticky two tyres in the next six months. Taxed till August and NCt till October. Once I've spent €250 doing the work then I'm on the road for €1550 and its got a FSH. :) Anyone for a mint (and recently serviced :p) 9-5

Can't see the link because of boards.ie thing, and can't find it on donedeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Can't see the link because of boards.ie thing, and can't find it on donedeal?

Here is the link to the pic http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/526944_3394461816073_1105520952_33232487_1561555713_n.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Swirly Whirly

Looks every bit like an unmarked squad car :D

Could come in handy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

That is deadly looking,
    Is there an ad or have you purchased already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Looks every bit like an unmarked squad car :D

Could come in handy. :D

Would need to lose the cork reg and a hubcap to look like an unmarked car. Anyway, those mondeos are just about finished service as unmarked cars by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

cabrwab wrote: »
    That is deadly looking,
    Is there an ad or have you purchased already?

If its me you're asking then Yup, I bought it yesterday. Always wanted one. I'll probably get bored of it in 6 months and move it on to buy some other fantasy banger that I always liked. A big Alfa or a TT are high on that list :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Is he selling the child in the backseat too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I doubt it, the LX model doesn't come with much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Deson

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3192096 for €300 you couldn't go wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Deson wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3192096 for €300 you couldn't go wrong

well, ya see you would go wrong there, it'll need 4 new tyres so 200 there, then a ball joint and an nct could be another 150 or more, and valet another 60 or 80, so all in, you could be out 730 for the car when paid for and sorted.............NAAAAAAAAAAA, not worth the hassle.....you'd buy better with a nct for 7 or 800 snots......;)

MidlandsM wrote: »
    well, ya see you would go wrong there, it'll need 4 new tyres so 200 there, then a ball joint and an nct could be another 150 or more, and valet another 60 or 80, so all in, you could be out 730 for the car when paid for and sorted.............NAAAAAAAAAAA, not worth the hassle.....you'd buy better with a nct for 7 or 800 snots......;)

Hah, read that part about the tires wrong! Not really worth it unless you were getting it for 150-200

• Advertisement

Who valets a €300 car?

(For that matter, who valets any car? Talk about lazy.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

dahamsta wrote: »
    Who valets a €300 car?

I wouldn't want to touch those stains...

Who valets a €300 car?

I reckon the seller just hoovered it himself

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3191616 in Wicklow, €1100 could probably get it for €900..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Deson wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3191616- in Wicklow, €1100 could probably get it for €900..

Nice spot. Depending on how its minded, it could be a right beaut. I'd like to see recent flywheel and TB changes and to check the fans / heating and then I'd be happy enough.

Who valets a €300 car?

If you had no cleaning products you'd easily rack up 30 or 40 quid on bits and piecea. Most places will do an interior valet for around that abd most places will do a job alot better than you!

For a €300 car, you need 3 things: a hoover, washing-up liquid, and a damp cloth.

If you're spending €30-40 on a valet, you're not playing bangernomics right. And you might well be a homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

EDIT: That's the collective You, not singular. It was also a joke. Honest to god. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

For a €300 car, you need 3 things: a hoover, washing-up liquid, and a damp cloth.

If you're spending €30-40 on a valet, you're not playing bangernomics right. And you might well be a homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

so should people on here with new cars send them for a 300 euro detail every week ?

well I have heard elton john was an avid car valetter.

EDIT: That's the collective You, not singular.

There's no set in stone rules about buying a "bangernomic". If the buyer purchases a car with their own cash and opts to spend €40 getting it cleaned properly then that's their business.

The thing about homosexuality just reeks of typical Jeremy Clarkson humor...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

If one gets a car valeted then there's no fun in finding out what the previous owners left behind them... All those coins, pens etc. In the Alfa I found a heap of stuff, credit card statements, employee numbers, holiday bookings, the previous owners name and address just for example. In the E34 I found €20 and £6, would anyone here let some valet take that and charge you for taking it???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement