Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

No mention of test. But someone might take a punt..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3156873

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

E39 530, paint (boot) needs some attention for €1250:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3319738
    Full-11477868.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ongarite wrote: »
    E39 530, paint (boot) needs some attention for €1250

No mention of NCT, no mention of mileage. That's not a good start :)

Way too many exhausts too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Jimdagym wrote: »
    View2-11316289.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3184161
    01 saab 9-3 2.0t SE
    NCT till January, €550

That is a lot of car for the money - won't be for sale too long methinks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ongarite wrote: »
    E39 530, paint (boot) needs some attention for €1250:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3319738
    Full-11477868.jpeg

With those wheels, you'd double your money at least by buying it and breaking it.

If they are genuine M-Para wheels then ive seen them sell for 500, 600, and up to 800 with decent tyres.
    3.0 engine, just over 200bhp IIRC, should sell easily for a transplant into an E30 or similar.

then you have the interor and panelas and everything else you could sell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Such a nice, nice car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My M-Paras cost GBP£500 a couple years ago, with good tyres. They make e38s and e39s (imho) so they hold their value very well. New ones cost an absolute fortune.

I've been watching e39s on the classifieds sites now for a good while, I'd say every 2nd one is silver. There's an incredible number of them out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

mondymike wrote: »
    Im feeling generous after our win over chelsea, so heres 2 for you

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3317554
    manual leather

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3278029
    or cloth and auto?

Indestructible tanks. Will run forever. Very comfortable too.

Barr wrote: »
    That is a lot of car for the money - won't be for sale too long methinks.

Great car for beer money!:):) Reliable, strong, reasonably quick. Should not be on market for long!

Great car for beer money!:):) Reliable, strong, reasonably quick. Should not be on market for long!

Hmmm... That's not true.

• Advertisement

Save your money. Alfa's are notoriously unreliable. Nice looking car though:)

Save your money. Alfa's are notoriously unreliable. Nice looking car though:)

What?!

Hmmm... That's not true.

What is not true?

I own a Saab 93 , have had no issues with it since I bought it in 2010.:D:D

What?!

I also had a brand new Alfa a few years ago, it was the worst car by far in terms of reliability. Fine if you have all day to hang about waiting for AA Rescue to arrive. Sure the Alfa is a stylish car, designed and made to be driven in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kceire wrote: »
    With those wheels, you'd double your money at least by buying it and breaking it.

:eek:

I've always found it very hard to follow that kinda logic

That said, what price a car sells for is exactly how much it's worth. The market is right (by definition), individuals expressing (or rather not) their opinions are wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Damn, wrong engine again!!! I love that Zender kit though :cool:

Go onnnn! :pac:

Full-11491899.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

^^^^^

Jaysus that looks rough! Showing every bit of its 147k! :eek:

Top Dog wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Jaysus that looks rough! Showing every bit of its 147k! :eek:

Look at the back door! LOL

Look at the back door! LOL
    I did - but there's plenty more ripples on the 2 doors on the other side of it ;)

Well with the Shogun still in the garage we've been left as pedestrians. :(

Still no diagnosis, though the mechanic suspects the pump is shot which means it'll probably be a while before its repaired due to the expense of it. :eek:

Living in a small town miles from anywhere we can't really afford to be without transport, so last night we bit the bullet and joined the bangernomics fraternity. :cool:

So may I present ... for your viewing pleasure ... in all her dented dull black glory ... the one ... the only ...

Skoda Felicia Combi in Paddy-spec LXi trim! :pac:

shed1.jpg

shed2.jpg

No electric windows/mirrors, central locking, power-steering, ABS, ESP, ABC etc so less for me to possibly break. Has a thundering 1.3 petrol powerplant mated to a slushious 5 speed transmission thats akin to stirring soup ... it really is that vague. Combined with a towbar which I thought was pretty comical as it'd probably struggle to pull the skin off a sausage :o

Though to be fair, it has NCT till the end of September, 4 tyres with loads of life left in them, a brand new alternator, a new enough Sony CD player, and plenty of space in the back for the 4 dogs and their gear so it'll do the job just grand. ;)

It may not be pretty, but it'll do for now, and the clincher is that it cost less than a typical weekend on the tear! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Top Dog wrote: »
    So may I present ... for your viewing pleasure ... in all her dented dull black glory ... the one ... the only ...

Skoda Felicia Combi in Paddy-spec LXi trim! :pac:

No electric windows/mirrors, central locking, power-steering, ABS, ESP, ABC etc so less for me to possibly break. Has a thundering 1.3 petrol powerplant mated to a slushious 5 speed transmission thats akin to stirring soup ... it really is that vague. Combined with a towbar which I thought was pretty comical as it'd probably struggle to pull the skin off a sausage :o

Though to be fair, it has NCT till the end of September, 4 tyres with loads of life left in them, a brand new alternator, a new enough Sony CD player, and plenty of space in the back for the 4 dogs and their gear so it'll do the job just grand. ;)

It may not be pretty, but it'll do for now, and the clincher is that it cost less than a typical weekend on the tear! :D

Happy bangering. If you get the shogun back on the road sooner than expected, this could have potential for resale to SaabEd for his roadtrip ;).

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Happy bangering. If you get the shogun back on the road sooner than expected,
    Cheers.

I don't think we'd ever be that lucky - but I guess you never know :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »
    :eek:

I've always found it very hard to follow that kinda logic

That said, what price a car sells for is exactly how much it's worth. The market is right (by definition), individuals expressing (or rather not) their opinions are wrong :)

MAking money = Logic :D

wheels
    leather
    engine
    facelift headlights = more than the car is worth so imo a good buy.
    you could buy it, drive it and not have to worry about having to sell it when your finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Fresh test on a clean looking honda. Could do worse for a years motoring.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2487734

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

dgt wrote: »
    Damn, wrong engine again!!! I love that Zender kit though :cool:

Go onnnn! :pac:

Rough as a badgers hole :D

What were Rover thinking, in the 2nd pic, the amount of different colour panels on the interior, it's fcukin horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Worth a look, €1250 for 406 HDi diesel:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3318448
    Full-11471577.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Posted this in the chat thread but I think it deserves a spot in here too.
    RX-7 FC3C, who doesn't want to hear the noise of that rotory with the hood down?

Full-11484577.jpeg

€1.2k in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

That Rover 75 above is the biggest pile of sh1te I've ever seen in Bangernomics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Save your money. Alfa's are notoriously unreliable.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Well they are infairness, i was just refering to the "Saabs are brilliant versus Alfa's are crap" comparison,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement