Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kceire wrote: »
    MAking money = Logic :D

wheels
    leather
    engine
    facelift headlights = more than the car is worth so imo a good buy.
    you could buy it, drive it and not have to worry about having to sell it when your finished.

Aye you have a point there. I sold an E39 with M-pars myself last year and I had a lot of interest in the wheels

Selling a car for parts might even be quite profitable, provided you have the space and a wife happy enough to be living in a knackers yard. Unfortunately I have neither :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

View2-11045552.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3230749

Rough as you like, but tested till next January and its only €500.
    Ad says belt and water pump done (but not when).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

View2-11511180.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3326125
    Very clean looking civic for only €800. NCt till 04-13.

For some reason there are two pics of the dash from a VW :confused:

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Very clean looking civic for only €800. NCt till 04-13.........

That looks very decent, low miles too, if I was selling that I'd be asking a tad more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

View2-11511180.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3326125
    Very clean looking civic for only €800. NCt till 04-13.

For some reason there are two pics of the dash from a VW :confused:
    That os a great great find. Unscangarised 1.4 civic! Perfect bangornomics. Those civic are little tanks. If it is so clean that it could be a bargain of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

^The classic 90's civic. A class wee car, owned a few so i have. They dont die easy. I once bought a 97 civic for peanuts. Poor oul yoke hadn't been serviced in almost 2 years.
    I flushed out the sludge that was remaining in the engine, changed filters etc, popped in clean oil and she was grand.

Unreal cars. Utmost respect for them. Kicked the hole off of manys a similar Euro alternative for manys a year for power, comfort, economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

That os a great great find. Unscangarised 1.4 civic! Perfect bangornomics. Those civic are little tanks. If it is so clean that it could be a bargain of the year.

Yes you have found a good one there. In good order with respectable mileage. Go get it bfore someone else beats you to it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

View2-11045552.jpeg

Dawg rough, but should get you from A to B for €500 ( price of gym membership). Vw Polo , a reliable runabout!

ongarite wrote: »
    E39 530, paint (boot) needs some attention for €1250:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3319738
    Full-11477868.jpeg

Suitable for breaking , don't let it break the bank for you

• Advertisement

W123-80's wrote: »
    No mention of test. But someone might take a punt..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3156873

Suitable for breaking!

SeanW89 wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/jaguar/x-type/2001-jaguar-x-type-for-sale-or-swap/1594786

NCT till October, I'd love this, think they're beautiful cars. You'd need the money you save to fill the car every week though.

Not worth the asking price. There are a number of similar cars asking sub €995 on Done Deal

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

View2-11045552.jpeg

James hides half the reg in one pic, shows it in another, then shows the reg no and the reg'd owner's name and address in the last pic. :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

dgt wrote: »

You're gas. Fair play to you.

Edit: I was struggling big time with a very fiddly nut on engine mounts yesterday and almost gave up. Then I remebered some of your exploits (as posted on here) and went back at it full steam. Job done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Punto, NCT 6/13, TAX 8/12 for 740:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3326240
    Full-11511706.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Yes you have found a good one there. In good order with respectable mileage. Go get it bfore someone else beats you to it!:)

Ad says 95k miles, odometer shows 189554 miles...?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Ad says 95k miles, odometer shows 189554 miles...?
    that interior shot seems to be a VW Passat :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

that interior shot seems to be a VW Passat :confused:

Split personality. Poor car doesn't know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dgt wrote: »

thats same as my bangornomics ford, just my one is hatchback. I wont repeat myself, but most of you know that these things do bangornomics thing very damn well, even too well ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

A mate of mine picked this up for just over a grand during the week, came with a spare set of SAAB alloys with some decent tyres. Engine is from a 9-5 only 4 years old, unreal power and incredibly smooth, well looked after too.

The first owner being the great Ronnie Drew is a bonus, nice to sit into it knowing Barney, Ronnie and god knows who else have been in it! :pac:

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336f549e179f9d7111a0c8722a678217a34.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Not worth the asking price. There are a number of similar cars asking sub €995 on Done Deal

My neighbour has an absolutely immaculate one that they seem to only use for Sunday drives. Looks really well in the drive for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

bijapos wrote: »
    A mate of mine picked this up for just over a grand during the week, came with a spare set of SAAB alloys with some decent tyres. Engine is from a 9-5 only 4 years old, unreal power and incredibly smooth, well looked after too.

The first owner being the great Ronnie Drew is a bonus, nice to sit into it knowing Barney, Ronnie and god knows who else have been in it! :pac:
    Small world, that's my neighbours (old) car, he was telling me not so long ago he was looking to sell it.

Your friend did well. It is nice to know the full history of the vehicle. I was quite fond of Ronnie Drew, no airs or graces! Knew him to see in Greystones Co. Wicklow where he resided. Always jovial ,friendly, and a kind word to everyone. He was a nice gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

An absolute bargain. I would have thought that the brand new (and later model) engine would have made this car a lot more desirable (and command a better price).

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    An absolute bargain. I would have thought that the brand new (and later model) engine would have made this car a lot more desirable (and command a better price).

It's an 11 year old large saloon with a petrol engine. And turbocharged. And a Saab, which is no more. There are only about 10 people in this country interested in buying anything like that. Because of that it's only worth a bit over a grand. You betya that those other 9 people and myself are laughing :D

The 9 5 is a much nicer looking car imo, the 9 3 looks a mess imo.

unkel wrote: »
    It's an 11 year old large saloon with a petrol engine. And turbocharged. And a Saab, which is no more. There are only about 10 people in this country interested in buying anything like that. Because of that it's only worth a bit over a grand. You betya that those other 9 people and myself are laughing :D

And they're all bangerboardsies

@RJ - agreed. The earlier 9-3 looks a lot like the later 900. Saabs have never won any beauty contests, but those two are arguably the worst of the lot

Funny that the later 9-3 was made to look like a smaller, slightly fresher 9-5

I cant stand the dash board in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

E39MSport wrote: »
    I cant stand the dash board in them

but what about the unique aircraft heritage :D

seriously though, +1000 on the dash

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement