Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

166man wrote: »
    You'd be buying the straightest 166, my dad owned it from new up until 18 months ago. The current seller has done 40k km in 18 months! The old man want's it back... Cannot believe wheels changed for those yokes..

look familiar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75253085 :D

Did he order it with that awful cream dashboard? The car looks in good condition but I wouldn't enjoy looking at that dashboard every time I wanted to go somewhere

Full-11615941.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

high horse wrote: »
    Did he order it with that awful cream dashboard? The car looks in good condition but I wouldn't enjoy looking at that dashboard every time I wanted to go somewhere

Full-11615941.jpeg

Beige interior is one of the best things about it. The car came with leather as standard but choice of colour was optional. Black and beige are a good contrast and it really brightens up the interior. Car also has the sunroof as an extra which gives more light. Trust me the beige interior is fantastic.

Edit: Mods I'm quoting the picture because it's too damn good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Beige interior is one of the best things about it. The car came with leather as standard but choice of colour was optional. Black and beige are a good contrast and it really brightens up the interior. Car also has the sunroof as an extra which gives more light. Trust me the beige interior is fantastic.

Edit: Mods I'm quoting the picture because it's too damn good!

The seats look good, it's just the dashboard that bothers me. Maybe it looks better in the flesh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

FrontDoor wrote: »
    Full-11626592.jpeg

Probably about four times what its worth, but these were smashing cars back in the day.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3350137

The thread for this car is this way ---> HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Scam/fake!

unfortunately not, no service history though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Do you know what? I don't think I've ever seen a facelift 166 in the flesh.
    Nice car 166man!

The seats look good, it's just the dashboard that bothers me. Maybe it looks better in the flesh?

I can see why you mightn't like a beige dashboard on paper but it does really work in the flesh.
    langdang wrote: »
    Do you know what? I don't think I've ever seen a facelift 166 in the flesh.
    Nice car 166man!

Thanks man, stunning car, it really is. Kept it mint up until the day it was sold. Whoever buys that is getting a great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

V480 wrote: »
    Good price for a diesel Golf these days...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3350336

I love the way he's written:

"no offers!!

1200 o.n.o"

Looks like a good buy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

change the aluminum to a dark wood to give it a bit of contrast and that would be a savage interior colour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Going to try and arrange to see that Alfa later today. Looks like it was a lovely car until it left 166man's world, let's hope the 40k clicks the new owner has racked up have gone easy on it. Could be a recession dealer though, or possibly just someone that likes a regular change (sometimes good, i.e. car lover; sometimes bad, i.e. drive it into the ground and shift it on).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

dahamsta wrote: »
    Going to try and arrange to see that Alfa later today. Looks like it was a lovely car until it left 166man's world, let's hope the 40k clicks the new owner has racked up have gone easy on it. Could be a recession dealer though, or possibly just someone that likes a regular change (sometimes good, i.e. car lover; sometimes bad, i.e. drive it into the ground and shift it on).

i've always found that people that constantly swap there cars would buy a car with the intention of keeping it, service it and do a few bits and pieces, find something else and sell it at a loss.

i know a guy who does the above, spends and loses and absolute fortune for no reason.

i've always found that people that constantly swap there cars would buy a car with the intention of keeping it, service it and do a few bits and pieces, find something else and sell it at a loss.

i know a guy who does the above, spends and loses and absolute fortune for no reason.

The only thing the seller did was make it worse with those wheels! Why would anyone do that....:eek:

The only thing the seller did was make it worse with those wheels! Why would anyone do that....:eek:

i honestly don't know why, i'd say something if the wheels were manky but they're probably the nicest set i've ever seen on a 166.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3239794

Full-11090011.jpeg

Taxed for a month and tested until next year.

it's been awhile!

(Also Auto to keep RJ happy).

Do wheels that fit a 166 fit many other cars? Them ones wouldn't appeal to many folk me thinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

For the record, on the off-chance I actually bid on that car, I'd be asking the seller for the original wheels. If I had to buy it as-is, I'd put it on blocks while I was waiting for replacements. :)

dahamsta wrote: »
    For the record, on the off-chance I actually bid on that car, I'd be asking the seller for the original wheels. If I had to buy it as-is, I'd put it on blocks while I was waiting for replacements. :)

i'd be tempted buy it as well if i hadn't a silly requirement for diesel.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Do wheels that fit a 166 fit many other cars? Them ones wouldn't appeal to many folk me thinks.

I honestly wouldn't have a clue. I'm lost as to why someone would change them out of choice.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

They're 5x108 with a C/B of 58.1 (traditional Fiat C/B) so thankfully they fit nothing else :)

I'm looking to put on a set of Quattroporte wheels on my one some day :D

5*108! Hopeless fitting anything else!

• Advertisement

LIttle chance of getting a few quid for them so, if the seller has no originals that's something to consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

LIttle chance of getting a few quid for them so, if the seller has no originals that's something to consider.

He might get those wheels sold (if they're aftermarket wheels) to someone with a mk3 Mondog or a Peugeot 607. Both have a 5x108 PCD but each with a much bigger C/B (can't remember off the top of my head but I think its 63mm and 65mm respectively)

The wheels on it when sold were originals from new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

dgt wrote: »
    He might get those wheels sold (if they're aftermarket wheels) to someone with a mk3 Mondog or a Peugeot 607. Both have a 5x108 PCD but each with a much bigger C/B (can't remember off the top of my head but I think its 63mm and 65mm respectively)
    They might fit a Laguna II as well so - I had Mondeo 18's on mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭Esel

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Car is sold now but the op's name is Peter and his location is Cork. The ad had the same details so yes my money is on shilling..
    Yeah, that was my thinking when I called shill.

No problem with someone posting their banger, as long as they are open about it.

Not your ornery onager

3344853http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3344853

33448531997 LOW MILEAGE 1.6 Nissan Primera. PWO
    80,000 Miles
    Great service History
    TAXED till 03-13.
    NCT 04-13
    Midleton Area
    Chain drive so no timing belt, tyres good
    No silly offers please as i just spent 478euro on TAX and put it through the NCT last month.

Just to put this to bed, the OP said it was theirs, and it's also now sold. So can we put this to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

One owner, 580, Tax for the month and NCT for 3. Good angernomics all the same if it checks out.

View2-11579221.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3340054

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

barura wrote: »
    One owner, 580, Tax for the month and NCT for 3. Good angernomics all the same if it checks out.

View2-11579221.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3340054

Steel wheels.... On a Merc? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :pac:

• Advertisement

530d asking €1200,

"NEEDS FRONT DISCS AND BUSH

HENCE PRICE"

NCTd for 10/11 months though............

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3297052

Full-11503180.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement