Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Repeat costs?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Heard it was €60...but some are saying its around €200? Can someone clear it up?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Zyzz wrote: »
    Heard it was €60...but some are saying its around €200? Can someone clear it up?

Cheers
    Was €60 last year. Haven't heard anything about it going up, but it wouldn't surprise me. Other colleges/universities have repeat fees much higher than us (UCD is €250 per module or something like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Cheers
    Was €60 last year. Haven't heard anything about it going up, but it wouldn't surprise me. Other colleges/universities have repeat fees much higher than us (UCD is €250 per module or something like that).

Yeh either have I :/ true, heard they have some serious repeat fees, happy days if it is still €60! Any way to find out for definite?

Cheers

Yeh either have I :/ true, heard they have some serious repeat fees, happy days if it is still €60! Any way to find out for definite?
    Best bet would be to email or call the exams office. Contact details are on dit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Fairly sure it's €60 still, haven't heard otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Repeat fees, payable if you fail an exam and need to resit it.
    feeney92 wrote: »
    as far as i know its 60!! but does anybody know when they are this year? i know it says late august but are there specific dates yet?

no not yet. There won't be until after the sessionnal exams in may and they know exactly how many are repeating each module etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

feeney92 wrote: »
    do they accomodate for people if they cant make the dates??
    Only if you have a very good reason.

You'll be allowed to sit the repeats as your first attempt, your results won't be capped and you won't be charged for them.

You need to have a very good reason though, like family bereavement. Holiday doesn't cut it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Do DIT do any sort of compensation for exams? I know in UCD if you have passed 75% of your classes or have a certain GPA you can compensate E grades to bring you up to a pass. Is it the same in DIT?

Also, does anyone know roughly when the repeat exams will be on? Like would they ever be on as late as the first week in September?

I'm not planning on failing my exams or anything, I just don't want to book a holiday and then have to repeat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Do DIT do any sort of compensation for exams? I know in UCD if you have passed 75% of your classes or have a certain GPA you can compensate E grades to bring you up to a pass. Is it the same in DIT?

Also, does anyone know roughly when the repeat exams will be on? Like would they ever be on as late as the first week in September?

I'm not planning on failing my exams or anything, I just don't want to book a holiday and then have to repeat!
    My understanding is you can pass by compensation if you get between 35-39% but only if your other marks being taken into account pull the overall average up over 40%. Not all modules are eligible for this either. You should seek clarification with the exams office or the SU if you have any other queries.

Voltwad wrote: »
    My understanding is you can pass by compensation if you get between 35-39% but only if your other marks being taken into account pull the overall average up over 40%. Not all modules are eligible for this either. You should seek clarification with the exams office or the SU if you have any other queries.

You can also only compensate up to 10 ECTS Credits, so you could compensate two 5 Credit modules, or one 10 credit module, but not one 5 and one one 10 credit module.

Advertisement