Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo 2007 Time belt change

Options
  • 06-01-2012 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have a 2007 VW polo 1.2. comfotline- when does the timebelt need to be changed- trying to look everywhere but cant get a definitive answer. Also second question- how much is it likely to cost me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Think off hand its a timing chain on the 1.2 engine..... Someone else may be able to verify

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

If it is a chain and not a belt then happy days, you dont have to worry about changing it as they seem to go on for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

It is chain driven. Regular servicing will prolong the life of the chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

derek2901 wrote: »
    I have a 2007 VW polo 1.2. comfotline- when does the timebelt need to be changed- trying to look everywhere but cant get a definitive answer. Also second question- how much is it likely to cost me?

They are chain driven so no replacement interval.

However they are prone to chain tensioner failure if poorly maintained.

Advertisement