Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AUSTRALIA???

• 06-01-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hey every1
    i was wondering is there any chance of getting sponcered in oz on a holiday visa? did my WHV should of stayed then, but young and silly. just wondering where is the best place for construction and much chance of sponcership. i really want to go back
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Unlikely on a holiday/tourist visa mate. Do a search here, this question has been asked before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

ccoons wrote: »
    hey every1
    i was wondering is there any chance of getting sponcered in oz on a holiday visa?

Well im taking my 2 year old back to Brisbane on Thursday to meet the Grandparents, she is traveling on a Irish Passport on a Holiday Visa and it states in no uncertain terms that she is not eligible to work.

For you to get sponsored you have to be able to work which would be a breach of your visa and a free night in Villawood with Breakfast included would be just payment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

The Aussie wrote: »
    Well im taking my 2 year old back to Brisbane on Thursday to meet the Grandparents, she is traveling on a Irish Passport on a Holiday Visa and it states in no uncertain terms that she is not eligible to work.

For you to get sponsored you have to be able to work which would be a breach of your visa and a free night in Villawood with Breakfast included would be just payment...

not quite correct, you do not need to work to get sponsorship, you can get sponsorship whilst on a holiday visa, you just cannot work. Big difference there.

Though in construction I am not sure how many sites would sponsor you without seeing you work first.

Best place for construction is around perth region - OP please do a few searches about sponsorship from Ireland - asked and answered loads of time

Yeh thats what i was trying to say but the written text does not always compute with my half simple way of describing things(especially after some beers on a very rare Friday off), I honestly dont think anyone other than a former employer would take your word for it that you could do anything in construction, you would have to work to prove yourself as competent/reliable/honest and hard working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Ah but what defines work. <snip>
    Mod Damo you know exactly what defines work, and c'mon you know you cannot 'volunteer' on a construction site.
    You have been warned before about these thinly veiled illegal working suggestions.

• Advertisement

Jumping the gun a bit there, in all fairness I did say the chances IMO of the government believing you did a load of unpaid skilled work on a site would be slim, I didnt even advise it as likely to be viable as it is in effect a way of trying to fast track yourself around the long winded skilled migrant programme. Possibly in this case to do it all legit the OP could come on a student visa, secure work in his trade and then try to get sponsored. Nothing illegal at all about it AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Damn it DAMO what is it about our forbiden closet of mystery that you keep going there.:)

Possibly in this case to do it all legit the OP could come on a student visa, secure work in his trade and then try to get sponsored. Nothing illegal at all about it AFAIK.
    That is a perfectly legal approach though very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia wrote: »
    Damn it DAMO what is it about our forbiden closet of mystery that you keep going there.:)

Once you understand the mindset you will understand the man.

<snip> Mod C'mon no need for petty jibes, new year and all that (attack the post not the poster etc.)

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Once you understand the mindset you will understand the man.

)

Indeed you will. He who dares wins :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Indeed you will. He who dares wins :pac:

How Ironic since you are a Massive Father Ted fan Damo!!!

Damn you Hussey I could have been a Major Thank whore with that youtube clip

mandrake04 wrote: »
    How Ironic since you are a Massive Father Ted fan Damo!!!

Damn you Hussey I could have been a Major Thank whore with that youtube clip

Yep it was the best Father Ted reference since someone came on here saying they did not like the Father Ted Festival/Piss up last year and got shot down with something like "if you did not enjoy yourself there you must be Father Stone" (or along those lines)

So with the youtube link removed i must remove my Thanks from the post:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The Aussie wrote: »

A 2 year old working?

djPSB wrote: »

A 2 year old working?

Yeh I had bit of a giggle out of that one, would be a standard tourist visa I suppose, still funny though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭AldilaMan

Can someone tell me how the WHV works as regards the period of time it's valid for. Is it 12 months from the time you step into Australia or is it from the moment you receive the visa. I'm trying to organise a Visa for my son but no definite dates just yet.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

AldilaMan wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how the WHV works as regards the period of time it's valid for. Is it 12 months from the time you step into Australia or is it from the moment you receive the visa. I'm trying to organise a Visa for my son but no definite dates just yet.

Thanks

Hi, its 12 mths from time you step into country.

Thanks
    Read the FAQ on the first page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭AldilaMan

hussey wrote: »
    Read the FAQ on the first page

I did read the FAQs and that question is not answered :mad:

I did read the FAQs and that question is not answered :mad:

and it never occured to you to look at the website?
    What is a Working Holiday Visa (WHV)?
    Its a visa that allows you to come to Australia and work for 1 year.
    For more http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/work...-australia.htm

It is clear as day under 'How this visa works'

do you really need to be spoon-fed?
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/how-to-apply.htm
    Activating your Working Holiday visa

If you applied for your Working Holiday visa outside Australia your 12 month stay period starts when you enter Australia.

But I'll add a link to the FAQ

OP this thread has gone way off thread - but read the response here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76393583#post76393583

It answers your question.
    And many more

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement