Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Engineering Apprenticeship

Options
  • 07-01-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

how's it going,
    to any willing engineers out there, I'm wondering could i get
    an apprenticeship of some form this coming summer and perhaps over the next year.
    I'll be finished school in a few months and don't have too much going for me college wise.
    I do have a good bit of experience however.
    I've recorded three full albums for various artists, and in the last year worked for months to buy some decent gear, but that wont get me anywhere once I leave school.
    I've worked with a good few engineers in the past and also done 5 or 6 live gigs. the biggest audience being around 400.

If anyone could help me out with my next move, it would be brilliant.
    Anything considered.

also, I live in Kerry, but would be willing to travel. I've nothing else to be doing

Cheers,
    Chris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Your experience is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I posted an ad similar to this around Christmas in the commercial threads and have had 0 responses with over 100 views. It's tough going out there.
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I think the best thing to do is go looking for them, write emails/letters with cv's included to the local studio's explaining why they should take you on. It's a rare thing to ome across, I seriously doubt you'd actually be straight up offered a place without asking absolutely everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

stetyrrell wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do is go looking for them, write emails/letters with cv's included to the local studio's explaining why they should take you on. It's a rare thing to ome across, I seriously doubt you'd actually be straight up offered a place without asking absolutely everywhere.
    haha i'm already doing that! i just thaught it would be no harm to ask here. i'm emailing places left, right, and centre. best i've gpt so far is a place offering me '' a very good rate on hiring the studio''. i dont think they quite grasped what i was asking..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Best of Luck Chris - I like your attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Carrigsound

Hi Chris

I might have something for you. give me a call 086 166 0338
    www.carrigsound.com

Cheers

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Great news for you Chris!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

Cheers Liam, I'll give you a ring tomorrow if that's alright. I have to top up my mobile in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

ring him tonight for the love of god.

get to a payphone! use your parents phone! steal a child's phone!

ring him! :)

nice one

Advertisement