Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARCHOS 101 G9 problem

• 07-01-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Bought an Archos 101 G9 earlier today the problem i'm having with it is:

Every time I touch anywhere on the screen, say try to open marketplace. The bottom right corner of the tablet becomes highlighted. I.e The time, application, internet or back button (depending on the way I hold it)

I will be bringing it back to the shop first thing in the morning. But I want to know if this is a common fault with this tablet? or did I just get a dodgy one in a million. Will be getting a full refund of course if they all seem to have this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Kev!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

Never mind! Have done a bit more in-depth research into this! Turns out Archos can't make a functional tablet!

Le bad review!

This gentleman is having the exact same problem (and he has had it on a previous tablet of the same model) Also a few people in the comments have been having the problem also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Did you recalibrate it?

Did you recalibrate it?

5 times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Bought a 101 8gb from Power City last week with exact same problem. Annoying though it was, I have to give a thumbs up to their customer service people. Replaced it that evening with the 16gb model and an apology. New unit working perfect.
    I had a look online myself before returning it, and it seems the problem is the ribbon cable from the battery being pressed against the underside of the screen.

Duiske wrote: »
    I have to give a thumbs up to their customer service people.

Wish I could say the same about Extra vision..

Was told that it had to be told to head office and then reviewed for me to get a refund. I was told I would be called around 1 or 2 today. But nothing. So I popped into the shop and the chap I was dealing with initially (who was very helpful and apologetic) Tell's me he rang first thing that morning and was awaiting a phone call from head office himself, told me they would call him around 5 and then would call me immediately. Still no call from the shop so I assume head office are prolonging this.

Will have to call up head office myself and start quoting the sale of goods and supply of services act! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Having the same issue with our 101 G9...seems to be a common issue. We thought it was grime or residue on the screen but even after reverting to using a tocuh stick thing it still persisted. Back she goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Same thing happening mine, Jaysus what a flaw! I have mine over a month, got it from Argos. Hope they will still replace it!

Advertisement