Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone logos

• 07-01-2012 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi guys im goin 2 unlock my nokia c7 its on meteor and im 02 heres wer i need help wen u switch the fone on it says meteor how do i change it 2 o2 logo instead of meteor plzs guys need ur help ;););)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The operator logo is contained within the phone. When you change sim card, it recognises this (each sim has a network identifier in it), and looks for the "logo" built into the phone. It will automatically do it.

This is why you can put in a new sim card into a fairly old phone and it will say eircell. This is because the "logo" stored in the phone memory is eircell. Put the same sim into a new phone, and it'll say Vodafone (because the "logo" list on the new phone is up to date).

So after educating you a little :D, the phone will do it automatically, so no need to worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@antodeco
    i think he means the startup logo / splash screen when the phone is turned on first. if this is the case then you may be able to change it in the settings and if not it is build into the phone software and can only be changed by updating the phone software.

it shouldnt impact on the operaton of the phone though and is merely asthetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP its not just a matter of updating the software. each phone will have a different software build depending on the network they're on. Ie. a c7 on meteor will have a different variant of software than a c7 on o2.

AFAIK the only way to change this is to flash the software. I used to do it a few years ago when I still used Nokias. Maybe have a look on Google to see how its done or else bring it to a phone repair shop and they may do if for a small fee.

Regards
    Dunny

Advertisement