Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marlboro Trust Retail LTD Cork.

Options
  • 07-01-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

THis is a retail company which claim to provide no interest on products such as clothes toys and electrical equipment and furniture when ordered on finance which I thought was great at the time but boy did I learn. I realise that this is slightly out of context here but I do not know how to use the site properly yet but I figured I would let people know in my area exactly what kind of company this REALLY is!!!
    Completely and utterly disgraced by them. I ordered toys from them for my son as well as some other stuff for christmas. They ruined christmas for us. I ordered the items three weeks before xmas on the good faith that i would receive the items that week. Continuously ringing the area rep over these three weeks I received one item that i had ordered and when I asked him where was the rest of the stuff he told me that I would receive them the week after. This was two weeks before christmas. On the monday before xmas I rang him again as I had nto received either the items or any word from him regarding my order. He told me that he was getting an order that day and he would deliver them to me on the friday aka the day before xmas eve. ON a whim as I was going to be busy that day I rang him to ask him what time he would be in the area so that I would be home to receive the items. At that point he told me that there were no toys for me and that nothing else had come except for a frying pan which was meant to replace a bin that I had ordered. He was not going to contact me until he came to receive payment for the ONE item that I had received that evening. the same thing also happened to my friend and he only called to her house to tell her that evening at 18.00. Basically if I had not rang him christmas would have been ruined for both our families as we had not bought any toys on the good faith and constant promises that we would receive the items in time. I would stress to anyone NEVER to go to this company as they are unrelaible and really do not have a clue as to what way business shoud be conducted as when I rang the company they said the order had not been put in but when I challenged the rep who I had dealt with in another company, he showed me the docket of my order that he had forwarded to his supervisor. So I do not know at all who is in the wrong but I hope that noone ever has to go through what we endured two days before christmas. We had to bring our kids with us while we were shopping and alternate betweeen distracting them so they would not see us buying "santa's" toys. It was horrible. What should have been a nice family time got horribly turned on its head with nothing only tears frustration and turmoil. Thank god through teamwork we were able to make things work out in the end but to find out something so horrific as no toys for your child so close to christmas I was shaken to my core.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciarawira

Just out of interest what is the name of your sales rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

sorry to hear that op:(.

as a company i allways taught there were very good and i still hold that view,my wife is with them oh must be going on 15 odd years.
    same guy calls to her sinch she was 16,pat a really nice man,

dont give up on them op as they are very very handy and have helped a lot of people and still do even in these tough time,

thats just my view:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheBuggerMom

i have had nothing but hassle with them and the issue is still unresolved I have left my number to be contacted my a supervisor six times and I have heard nothing every time I ring I am told there is no record of the complaint or it says on their system it was resolved or on one occasion I have been told that they had no record of my name on their system whatsoever. I have never had to deal with something like this before. The rep used to work for a different company in my area the Morses club and I had no complaints about him then but with this company I do not yet know who is to blame but I can say without hesitation that I would never go near them again!!! I have reported them to the consumer agency Ireland and they have told me that parts of what they have done are actually illegal. they broke the terms of contract they did not deliver the goods on the time limit that they guaranteed and also the fact that they called to the door unsolicited is something that has to be questioned. I am glad that you had a good experience from this company audi and maybe it is because you have been a long standing customer with them but I really have to say that I would not recommend them to anyone in my area anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gearodin

I have Pat calling to me since I got married in 1976, if I stopped him calling it would be like one of the family not visiting. Brilliant rep, and this organisation have helped me over the years, Stick by them they are usually good

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Old thread - locked

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement