Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent advice needed fast, please help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

thanks for such a informative post man,apreicate it

just to comment on few things i quoted

1.we had it wrote into out lease/contract so yes it was

2.yes they are the landlord things,confirmed by him on day 1

3.it was not a once off, karaoke parties till 5am plus we just had enough at that point

4.seeing as they walked up the 12 foot set off stairs to our house after turning the music up as loud as possible when tried knock on door, id say they provocaited things, she only told them what they wouldnt answer the door to hear nothing more

5.we have photos taken and plan to,local paper also

6.we are moving out sat and to be honest that not soon enough

Just move out asap.

Nobody should have to put up with that nonsense. Just keep all records of everything that happened and you will be fine, dont leave anything out, write,record,photo everything.

Your landlord/owner sounds like a useless fool & would have no interest in pursuing any owed rent if you showed him the facts that would hold up in any court.

Your neighbours well what can you do really....Scum live in every part in any country in the world you were just really unlucky to move in on top of them.

Hopefully your next place is a much nicer experience.

One thing is though you must learn from your mistakes when moving in. I did too...next time snag the house/apartment for everything, take photos, tell the letting agent/landlord that the house must be clean and removed of everything left behind like you mentioned kids toys, etc etc & that all electrics should be working. Let them know you mean business in a clinical but polite fashion and they will quickly get things done and have the place ready for you to move into. If they dont then do not hand over any money or sign a lease. Once they see your a responsible person they will quickly respond and probably trust you more with good furniture and applicances etc etc

There are good places to live and good landlords out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 joebstarsurfer

This sounds like my neighbours i should bash .So some guy downstairs played music in the middle of the day .There probably no insulation and this awful couple have just moved out of mammys so the foods differant.As someone who is downstairs and has to deal with these kind of people its hell .My ideot neighbours told me they couldnt hear my music they where lieing.There noisy but landlord said noise isnt on are tenacy agreement.Tested that theory with some dubstep lasted for an hour and a half before landlord called.
    These landlord have alot to answer for brat kids are just that .

• Registered Users Posts: 38 joebstarsurfer

kareoke parties who has those this is an ideot boyfreind lol.
    Get out of that relationship and have fun).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

One thing is though you must learn from your mistakes when moving in. I did too...next time snag the house/apartment for everything, take photos, tell the letting agent/landlord that the house must be clean and removed of everything left behind like you mentioned kids toys, etc etc & that all electrics should be working. Let them know you mean business in a clinical but polite fashion and they will quickly get things done and have the place ready for you to move into. If they dont then do not hand over any money or sign a lease. Once they see your a responsible person they will quickly respond and probably trust you more with good furniture and applicances etc etc

Very good advice. Go into each room and make sure that all of the electrical outlets and light fixtures are working. (Bring your phone charger & a spare light bulb with you to do so.) Make sure there is hot and cold running water coming out of all the taps. Make sure that the kitchen has the appliances that most normal kitchens should have. Check that they are clean and in full working order. Ask your landlord to provide a full inventory of the contents of the home. Do not hand over any money or sign a lease until he agrees to give you one, and you are both in agreement as to what is there on move in day. Take pictures of the home on move in day. Check that all items that belong to former tenants or the landlord have been removed from the property.

Do not hand over any money until all of the above has been done. Do not take the landlords word that xy or z will be done by him at a later date. It is either done before you move in, or you don't move in. Any decent landlord who acts in a professional manner will not be surprised or put out by you taking this stance. If they are, then move on, this is not the landlord for you.

PS You are out of order on the mops and cleaning materials imo. If they happen to be there, great. But I would certainly not expect them to be provided.

Advertisement