Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Government on a rampage ?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

LighterGuy wrote: »
    - Over 5,600 child benefits suspended.
    - VAT now 23%
    - Household charge.
    - Pensions over 18k a year getting taxed.
    - Accordingly over 16,000 reports made to the social welfare (I mention this because I think thats a bogus official figure. To entice more people to report rather than the genuine number of reports)
    - Nixers are getting cut down on. I know a bloke who does deliveries for a takeaway in Ballyfermot and the tax man went into the takeaway asking them to give names of their drivers. Two other takeaways in the area were visited by the tax man on the same day.

:eek: ... what next?
    boo frickin hoo. I dont get to pick and choose how much of my wages are taxed.
    Senna,
    Everyone knows that a takeaway delivery driver is a tax free job. Always has been. You cant play the card of "well, how was I supposed to know" in this one.

If you feel that this nixer should be taxed. thats fair enough. I wont argue. But at the same time how can you be on that side knowing you have given money to them if you are against the nixer.
    No. I don't eat takeaways.
    I never knew it was a tax free job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

:rolleyes:
    I honestly dont care if loads of people get back to me saying I am wrong. This is all shite out of people.

....open your feckin eyes people. So many tax free jobs and services happen every single day.

1. I admire how you say that you don't care how people respond to you, and yet you've repeated your argument countless times, almost verbatim, over the space of eleven pages, trying to justify your OP even though so so many people disagree with you. That's not caring alright.

2. I don't know how many 'tax free' jobs and services go on in the country. I didn't know what a 'nixer' was, and I wouldn't consider myself an idiot. But go on, call me one. I might feel left out otherwise.

3. You started off stating that the government is cutting down on benefits and raising taxes and -lastly- attempting to cut down on how much tax evasion goes on in this country (and if you're to be believed, apparently tax evasion is rife in the... er... driving industries)
    The discussion seems to have devolved into a discussion over whether 'doing a nixer' is right or wrong. I was actually interested in how this thread would go until it became a diatribe about how we're accessories to tax evading because we eat takeaways without remorse. Is there any chance we could let the morality debate subside and get back to talking about the measures the government is taking, and the possible future measures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Quiet you.

Wow. Did you think that up all by yourself, or did you ask the delivery man for suggestions.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

The reality of the situation is this:

There are initial signs of a very significant change for the worse in our weather starting to appear. It looks like the Artic may be about to exert its influence over Ireland in about 8 - 10 days time.

Frankly, I would prefer to spend my time dealing with the weather boards (because they are incredibly interesting and knowledgeable) as opposed to spending my time reading provocative prattle from LighterGuy!

Cheerio to the law abiding folk who contributed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

then ...

1, you are lying.
    or
    2, you've been living under a rock all your life.

What other kind of jobs are considered tax free nixers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement