Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good Word Press Developer

Options
  • 07-01-2012 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there. My company's website is constructed in Word Press. I would like to give it an overhaul. I already have a graphic design company that I use, so they will do the look and feel, however I will need some help with backend customization. I don't know where to start really. I assume all the big website design/development agencies would not work in WP so I would need a WP (php?) developer to assist?? Or are there any agencies that do this type of thing? Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

You could have a look at some of the online places that sell wordpress themes, you will get contact details there of companies that build and customise wordpress sites.

Also, there may be some here on boards who could do the work for you also. If you post on the work wanted thread here - you could get someone who willl convert the design into PHP for you site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can you be more specific about what you want to achieve Alee36? Any competent developer should be able to help you, but details always help. Feel free to PM me with details, I won't PM you as I don't like sending unsolicited messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Alee36

Thanks for all the replies and PMs, I appreciate it. I would like to stick with the current theme but would like to add functionality, e.g.

There is a static main graphic on the home page. I would like to have this image rotate through a slide show of images (a friend of mine calls them eye-glides, I don't know what the actual term is).

I would like to have registration for a newsletter, brochure (and other .pdf) downloads, video streaming,

I would like to capture peoples' email addresses and contact details when they sign up to download content. But I don't want to bother them every time they want to download, so I would like to have some kind of easy registration whereby people enter their details only once and after that they only have to input their email addresses to download content on repeat visits.

It would be essential that contact details are automatically added to our Salesforce CRM system.

I need to ensure we are SEOed and can accurately track the user journey. Help in determining most relevant Analystics and creating automatic reporting would be a bonus (but I know it is a bit 'off-topic').

I hope that gives everyone an idea of what type of skills I might need. Are there no agencies that do this kind of thing? Should I really look for an individual developer?

I am sorry I don't want to share the actual site URL on this thread but will answer questions as best I can.

A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You have lots of options really: agency, company, individual developer; domestic or offshore. I can help you with all of the above, let me know if you're happy for me to PM for an email address or phone number. Happy to chat this evening or tomorrow if you're under pressure. My company website is in my signature if you'd like to review.

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Alee36

Sure - PM me. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement