Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me some condoms!

• 07-01-2012 2:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So this might seem like an odd thread, but I was wondering if you guys could help me find a suitable brand of condoms for me.

Recently I have found that Durex brands have the right girth, but not the right length, so the condoms generally don't roll down the full way, so I find myself having to look down quite a lot, just to make sure they haven't rolled the whole way up and come off entirely, which has happened on a few occasions. I've also tried Boots brand condoms and these have the length, but not the girth, and have found these to be way too tight, sometimes causing me to lose my erection as a result.

Does anyone else have this same problem and, if so, which condoms would you use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

just use a roll of tarpaulin, myself

Quite seriously none of us know how similar our dimensions are, so can't advise.

Personally I don't like the condom to be rolled all the way down because you can actually feel er, stuff when there's a bit uncovered.

Also, if the condom comes off you'll know about it pretty soon. Sex without a condom obviously feels way better different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

later10 wrote: »
    just use a roll of tarpaulin, myself

Quite seriously none of us know how similar our dimensions are, so can't advise.

Personally I don't like the condom to be rolled all the way down because you can actually feel er, stuff when there's a bit uncovered.

Also, if the condom comes off you'll know about it pretty soon. Sex without a condom obviously feels way better different.

Is it way better without one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Samich wrote: »

Yes,yes it is and is incredibly difficult to go back to having to use em but needs must and all that!

Yes,yes it is and is incredibly difficult to go back to having to use em but needs must and all that!

Get her on the pill? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

turn the condom around and put it on the right way. that should see you right, op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Samich wrote: »
    Imagine eating your favourite dessert with a piece of rubber coating the inside your mouth. You still get full, but yes it's less pleasurable.

/Closes enormous book of metaphors.

later10 wrote: »
    Imagine eating your favourite dessert with a piece of rubber coating the inside your mouth. You still get full, but yes it's less pleasurable.

/Closes enormous book of metaphors.

I would settle for doing it with a condom tbh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

You're not rolling the thing right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ive deleted a couple of "humorous" posts.

Serious answers only please other wise dont bother replying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I never use them, hate them. I've never caught an std.

3 kids though :)

Ok, after otis's comment about joke posts just above this, some helpful ideas...

get a few different types, non durex. Mates are one brand.
    Look online, or in boots. Don't think I'd bother with the 'sex' shops in town (dublin) I was in one on capel street at the weekend, asking about condoms*, hadn't a clue, and only stocked durex. I needed non latex, girl didn't even know they existed! I got some in boots.

*Never use them, but will have to for the next few months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Magnums are the best IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Try the Passte or Avanti condoms, both can be got in boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Trojan Magnums, or if their too small go for the Magnum XL's.
    You can get a sampler pack which has the full Magnum range.

http://www.britishcondoms.co.uk/trojan-condoms/trojan-magnum-sampler.html

If you don't want to buy online the only shop I've found in the country that sells Trojan Magnums is Condompower on Dame st.

You could also try this company which offers a measuring tape that you can print out on their website. So you can be sure of getting the right size.
    http://www.mysize-condoms.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

there's a website that sells custom sized condoms, can't remember what they're called but they deliver to anywhere in europe. And not anymore expensive than durex. Just google it and see what ya find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I prefer Condomi ones.

Advertisement