Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse of Power by Boxing Mod

Options
  • 07-01-2012 6:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

I was warned and subsequently banned about a month ago in the boxing forum.

I was warned for using the term prick when discussing a boxer. To put it in proper terms I got thick over this as there was no ruling at the time about bad language and I felt it was wasn't directed at another poster it may not have been too bad. There was also plenty of other derogatory terms banded around the forum too, as bad as if not worse than mine.

He stated

"Just be grateful it's not a ban-abusive language is not on and we use common sense as well as the charter-I'll amend the charter now anyway, and if we feel your been abusive we can take action, prick is offensive and not on."

So he changed the charter to stop the use of bad language after me.

The argument ensued until I foolish mentioned my displeasure about my ban in the forum. I understand this is not on. I got banned for a week, served my time and left it off.

In the last week or so alone, several posters have posted practically carbon copy posts that I got warned for, and nothing said as they're friends of his...

I sent him a PM essentially saying that's the story with this, linking two specific posts. Glad to see I didn't get singled out.

He says

"Did you report them?
    No,Well do if you want it looked at. "

So his No abusive language is allowed stance has changed significantly.

Then he draws a line under it saying, if you PM me again I'll have you permanently banned.

Despite me being a bit uppity over my warning, I believe there is double standards been shown here. He went to the bother of changing the rules just to put me in the wrong but has no intention of following up on said rules when it's not me in the firing line.

The previous encounter is all documented here... I can post the two PM's mentioned above if required.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056482495

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I've deleted a number of posts by a third party who wasn't asked to contribute, and the OP's replies to them.

A Sports CMod will be with you presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Please bear in mind that the Sports Cmods have broadband issues due to the recent storms, so might be slower in dealing with this than normal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi,

I just had a read through this and I am going to get onto the Admins and see if its more suited to help desk as I have already looked into this and made a ruling.There is no ban or infraction to be looked at its more a general forum issue.I have no prob looking into it but we are re-gigging things and just want to make sure this thread is dealt with in the right forum.

If this is not specifically about the OP then it's not for here. ToiletFusion, if you want this particular incident looked at, ask the poster in question to start their own thread here.

Closing as not a DRP thread.

There was in fact a ban:
    2011-12-13, 11:57 am Boxing cowzerp Banned. questioning mod openly on thread 7 Day(s)

Ok, this is my final decision on this: you were banned for openly question the mod ruling on thread, something we discourage because it drags discussion off topic. As far as I understand it, you did actually do that (question the ruling on thread), therefore the ban is upheld.

If you have a problem with the mod, stay calm and polite, and report any posts and/or PMs pertaining to the issue, and start a Feedback thread if your reports are ignored.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement