Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR - Quest Problem (46 Powertech)

Options
  • 07-01-2012 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Had serious problems with 2 monsters towards the end of the questline in Voss last night and was wondering if anyone could help me.

- General Thelona Redrish : Like when i was my gimpy 17 shield 11 proto rest pyro spec i smashed everything , only boss to give me pause was one on belsalis but thats because i had no heal companion so. Basically i kill her 3 friends with death from above and proceed to pound her to 50-60% in seconds only for her health to bounce between 35-60% for as long as i fight her, i have tried going full Pyro and using a Dps pet but it makes no difference it just makes my damage that little bit more spiky until i die. Even using my interrupt on its 8 second timer rotated with my stun dart i can't stop her healing.

-Avatar of the Sel-Makor : Absolute polar Opposite, he dots you then nukes the ballsack off you in seconds, even kiting around the pillars and using interrupt stun to stop either the dot he does or nukes(which crit if you are dotted so you need to interrupt one or the other) i just cant seem to kill this guy

Kinda has me stumped and a little frustrated as this is from a 46 Very well geared Powertechs PoV(Almost a whole purple set) and both monsters are 47 elites which should be no problem.

HELP ME !!!! Im afraid to log on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is it a Class quest? Are you sure its a solo quest and not a 2 man one? And If you open your quest log what colour is the quest? If its orange or red you might be better off leveling a couple times and coming back. Mobs who are 4+ levels above you are hard to kill as you miss alot.

If you decide to solo it I would just go with Mako for the heals. It will be slow but you need a healer and Gault's damage doesnt make up for the lack of healing. Still, I think you might struggle.

I play a BH Merc and we get a stun that lasts for 60 seconds. If I'm fighting a tough boss that is going to kill me, I concussive him and heal up and go again. It slowly heals the mob its on but if you heal fast and don't leave the stun on for too long you can basically repeat this over and over untill he dies.

As far as I'm aware, BH Powertechs don't get this ability. Your best bet is to grab a buddy or random to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Had serious problems with 2 monsters towards the end of the questline in Voss last night and was wondering if anyone could help me.

- General Thelona Redrish : Like when i was my gimpy 17 shield 11 proto rest pyro spec i smashed everything , only boss to give me pause was one on belsalis but thats because i had no heal companion so. Basically i kill her 3 friends with death from above and proceed to pound her to 50-60% in seconds only for her health to bounce between 35-60% for as long as i fight her, i have tried going full Pyro and using a Dps pet but it makes no difference it just makes my damage that little bit more spiky until i die. Even using my interrupt on its 8 second timer rotated with my stun dart i can't stop her healing.

-Avatar of the Sel-Makor : Absolute polar Opposite, he dots you then nukes the ballsack off you in seconds, even kiting around the pillars and using interrupt stun to stop either the dot he does or nukes(which crit if you are dotted so you need to interrupt one or the other) i just cant seem to kill this guy

Kinda has me stumped and a little frustrated as this is from a 46 Very well geared Powertechs PoV(Almost a whole purple set) and both monsters are 47 elites which should be no problem.

HELP ME !!!! Im afraid to log on

Is the General Thelona Redrish mob part of a class quest as I don't recall that fight at all or if I did it I had no issues with it as a Marauder.

As for the Avatar of the Sel-Makor, this mob is a total ****er of a fight due to how fast he casts his big nukes and he also casts them non-stop. At 45 I just couldn't take him down so I left him till I was 47 and steamrolled him :) You still have to interrupt his big nukes but once he is an even con mob you don't take such a big hit from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Venom wrote: »
    As for the Avatar of the Sel-Makor, this mob is a total ****er of a fight due to how fast he casts his big nukes and he also casts them non-stop. At 45 I just couldn't take him down so I left him till I was 47 and steamrolled him :) You still have to interrupt his big nukes but once he is an even con mob you don't take such a big hit from them :)
    What I worked out for this one is that his 'big' nuke seems to crit automatically if his DoT is on you. If you interrupt the DoT, his nuke is far more manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Blowfish wrote: »
    What I worked out for this one is that his 'big' nuke seems to crit automatically if his DoT is on you. If you interrupt the DoT, his nuke is far more manageable.

Yup.

As for the General she is the last step of the Class quest on Voss for BH afaik

Advertisement