Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is the dream and we're living it. C&C please

• 07-01-2012 8:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

6651481445_14d60aa964_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

A question. Which came first, the photo or the title?

I find I tend to respond well to your photos on the random thread and I'm certain my response is coloured by the usually enigmatic titles you give them. I like the way they twist what are often quite subtle pictures and make me construct a story for them. Whether the story is what you had in mind is something that I've always wondered.

Also, whether I'd be as interested in lingering and trying to tease out where you're coming from without a title.

Or whether you're being a smartarse and I'm just stroking my ego by being all cerebral and deep and you're having a laugh.

Or all of the above.

As regards this one, I like the Atlas thing. I think the fact that the legs are spread out makes it work, since it conveys a sense of effort and power. I like the fact the world is stood on its head from the world's perspective (I presume you're still in Australia).

I can't decide if I like the inverted horizon. Part of me likes the fact that the buildings and telegraph poles give it a human scale, but part of me wants it to be a featureless line with just the people on the beach giving the photo scale, wandering in some post-apocalyptic daze...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Reminds me of a shot of a boardsie who is no longer with us. Think his was on top of a hill / mountain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

GZA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

pete4130 wrote: »
    6651481445_14d60aa964_z.jpg

WTC

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Like Dakar I too am often intrigued by your titles which cause me to look closer and longer at your shots to see where you're coming from. Aside from the title in this shot I like it a lot. I'm looking at two different shots here;

First one is the guy desperately hanging from the world while he reaches out with his left foot to try steady himself on the highwire. With nothing below him it's a fine line between success and failure.

The other shot is the opposite. He's showing his strength by holding up the whole world while balancing on the highwire on one leg.

Nice juxtaposition and you got your horizon level ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Needs more swans

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just doesn't do it for me, i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

what dakar and pullandbang said.

also: he's very hairy, innhe*?

*nice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

I like it a lot too. I'm very fond of upside down pictures that look upside up. (There's a few floating about my pix.ie). I'd love to see it with the suject and the camera making a connection, if he was looking in our direction. Not sure if this was a canid shot or posed, but def if I felt it was just him and me and the rest of the world was upside wrong that'd have really made it. Good work all the same and nice that its inverted.

I'm not fond of title at all on pretty much 90% of my own shots and don't really pay much attention to them generally. Although I too generally like yout shots. Titles or no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Would get Blue Ribbon, if it was HDR.
    The horizon seems a bit iffy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Quite like the pic, it makes you stop and think. If he was looking at the camera it would increase the engagement but overall its a good pic

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

I would be very impressed if this is a self portrait, more impressed if Noosixty shot this standing on her head but mostly impressed if you had a photo of Noosixty standing upside down while taking a photo of you standing on your hands....now I'm dissy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Has upside-down under-arm shaving for males not reached Aussieland yet?:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hmmm. Not for me. It's a rotated holiday snap. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Orly

So the man's got no hands, making this a stump stand...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Meh

Advertisement