Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gyms in sligo

Options
  • 07-01-2012 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

does anyone know of a decent gym in sligo that you can just pay as you use it im going down there for two weeks and need use of one for that period

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

moonfish wrote: »
    does anyone know of a decent gym in sligo that you can just pay as you use it im going down there for two weeks and need use of one for that period

Use the one at regional sports centre in cleaveragh. Its out by the race course maybe 5min max drive from o connell street. Its got a gym and a 25m pool and think its about 6euro a pop or 30euro for the month (for a student/unemployed). The contact number is 0719160539

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

thanks will give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's also the new one on Adelaide Street..

.. Popeye Gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 meridian74

The Clarion in Sligo...Their annual rate is €520 which I think is mind blowingly expensive for the size and services there. And the membership fee in the Clarion in Dublin Liffey Vally is only €365.00 p/a and the facilities there are far superior. You could join the Dublin one and access the Sligo one and save yourself €155 in these recessionary times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

The Clarion is full of students in full GAA gear. They get free membership. Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

i used that new one in adelaide street popeye it had all it wanted regarding free weights and the lad that runs it was very helpful a fiver a go not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭captainkeg

Just checked out Popeyes today off the back of the other thread as i'm looking to get back into lifting, pretty good, has all you need for lifting really.

Was amazed to see a proper squat rack, cable crossover and proper Pull up and dip station in there! Never seen any of these in any of the atrocius Sligo Hotel Gyms (probably cant fit them in between all the rubbish ski type trainers and treadmills). Have to check out the mercy gym tomorrow as I have never been in there but it will have to be very good to stop plonking out for the monthly membership in Popeyes. Hope it goes well for them prices seem reasonable, and its nice to see someone catering for people who want to do some free weights and not faff about on treadmills drinking Deep RiverRock !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anyone know if any of them gyms offer spin classes or circuit training?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

irish-stew wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of them gyms offer spin classes or circuit training?

The regional sports centre do circuits on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7. They cost a €5 and last an hour and a half. They are by far the best circuit class I've been to, having also done them in gyms in galway and Dublin. Couldn't believe more people weren't scrambling to do them..easily far better than 2hours in the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Great work out at the circuits to night. But to any new newbies next week, its upto €7, or 10 sessions for €60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

New circuit training class in Ballymote starting next wednesday @ 7 in the gym at Coliste Muire. Paddy Kilcoyne is running it. He would be an understudy of Mercedies Taff from Ballinacarrow Boxing club so it will be excellent . I got him to do a few sessions a few football teams from our club and found him great.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Anyone know all the gyms that offer a monthly membership? I know Sports Complex and Popeye does, any others?

Also, is that Popeye one any good? Is it all weights? Doesn't seem to be much cardio stuff judging by their website.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Mercy College gym does pay as you go and monthly membership. It has both free weights and cardio machines so it might suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

ccazza wrote: »
    Mercy College gym does pay as you go and monthly membership. It has both free weights and cardio machines so it might suit you.
    Thanks. Any idea of prices? Don't seem to have a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

thebuzz wrote: »
    ccazza wrote: »
    Thanks. Any idea of prices? Don't seem to have a website.
    Sorry no idea of price. They have a facebook page mercy gym. See on it the phone number is 9146553 if that's any help. Also photos of the gym on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

hi
    the prices in the mercy are €5 pay as u go (4 if you are unemployed or student)
    not sure what monthly prices etc are, great free weight section up there, and generally fairly quiet... :)

Advertisement