Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus eireann increased costs again

Options
  • 07-01-2012 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Just got on a local bus here in the deise and its now €1.70, the driver says to me "first time in 4 years its gone up", I'm like common man, are you serious, Yea it's been 4 years but It's still gone up. What are bus eireann and ironrad eireann playing at FFS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Just got on a local bus here in the deise and its now €1.70, the driver says to me "first time in 4 years its gone up", I'm like common man, are you serious, Yea it's been 4 years but It's still gone up. What are bus eireann and ironrad eireann playing at FFS.

The subsidy they get from the government has been cut.

How much is Kenneally's now? They were always more expensive than Bus Éireann.

I do think its completely ridiculous that money was spent on scrapping perfectly good cars, but not on increasing (or at least maintaining) public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

1.50 man twenty cent cheeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

tobey wrote: »
    1.50 man twenty cent cheeper

I remember Kenneally's being €1.50 when it was €1.30 with Bus Éireann. They also charged more during the tall ships I think, which is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

€2 after 6pm on Keneally's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 double jeopardy

Bus Eireann Old buses Cork/Waterford

Does anyone know here whats the oldest buses that Bus Eireann use on it's routes?Myself and my girlfriend had the misfortune of having to use the Cork/Waterford service just shortly after Christmas.One bus left from the station in Cork and another bus arrived to take the rest of us passengers.The state of this coach was a total joke.(It wasn't until we got off in Dungarvan that i saw that it was a 93 kk reg.)Can they be serious?A 20 year old piece of ****e ON A MAIN EXPRESSWAY SERVICE where people pay top dollar? (Iv'e seen a 2009 coach picking up kids as a school bus where we live).The smell of dampness,diesel fumes and general dirt from it was unreal..The driver was turned out in much the same fashion,he did not even wear a uniform.The lockers were filthy with years of dust and it rattled like a theme park ride. It had chewing gum stuck to the seats and they smelt and felt of dampness.I know were in recession but come on like.Surely bus eireann has more modern buses to do these runs.Ive seen some very nice newish coaches on some routes.Is this a regular just on cork/waterford service or are there many more of this kind of bus serving other express routes? I'm just curious about this along with being amazed,annoyed,and ripped off....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

bus w*nkers!

Advertisement