Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you want Dark Souls on PC?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You also need to stop calling everyone who politely disagrees with you fanboys or peasants. Will probably help your argument somewhat as silly name-calling gets no-one anywhere :)

sorry, noted.

getting carried away. plus i guess i am doing not bad in my life for 12 years old :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would people please try to keep it civil as possible. I'm sick of these threads turning into fanboy flame wars.

I think Dark Souls would work great on PC but, tbh,if you have the money then there's no reason you shouldn't own at least one of the consoles because if you don't own multiple machines you are going to miss out on some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Azza wrote: »
    Thats not helping either.

Sure, only so much of this sh1t you can take before reacting though.

i see where this topic is going now, so i just better enjoy my pc and go back on that cloud and resume being glorious PC master race member. some peasants will newer learn and will refuse to learn.
    Ah usual ignorant "pc over priced" bull****...
    oh man.... thats what i am talking about some console fanboys ignorance, they refuse to listen the facts and understand.

thats why its "peasants".

noodler wrote: »
    Sure, only so much of this sh1t you can take before reacting though.

muahahahaevil128610855514803403.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Noodler and shadowhearth give it a break or you'll have to take a break from the forum for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My son is happliy playing modern games on my 6 year old rig.
    I never upgraded a thing.
    Hes playing the latest games in high resolution at medium settings, the games look great.
    He still enjoys playing his console too.
    Dont see a problem with that at all.

Regardless of our format/formats of choice we are all gamers,we should be all singing be from the same hymm sheet.
    I almost feel sorry for starting this thread.
    I had hoped we would all just greet this slight possibility of a great game coming to PC with joy, i didnt expect it would descend into the usual pc V console garbage,more fool me i suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dcully wrote: »
    Regardless of our format/formats of choice we are all gamers,we should be all singing be from the same hymm sheet.

I think that's why some of us are arguing :P

There have been a few people on this thread who have point-blank refused to play Dark Souls unless there's a PC port. I think the rest of us are just slightly disappointed about that, because Dark Souls is such a great game that it'd be fantastic to see more people play it. The full Dark Souls thread is actually one of the best the games forum has seen recently, because everyone who was playing formed a fantastic community to help each other out (every bit as busy as the Skyrim one, albeit with a smaller playerbase). And, if (like many a Japanese console game past) the game doesn't get ported, a format bias shouldn't be an obstacle when there's two perfectly fine versions of the game to enjoy already :)

I think that's why some of us are arguing :P

There have been a few people on this thread who have point-blank refused to play Dark Souls unless there's a PC port. I think the rest of us are just slightly disappointed about that, because Dark Souls is such a great game that it'd be fantastic to see more people play it. The full Dark Souls thread is actually one of the best the games forum has seen recently, because everyone who was playing formed a fantastic community to help each other out (every bit as busy as the Skyrim one, albeit with a smaller playerbase). And, if (like many a Japanese console game past) the game doesn't get ported, a format bias shouldn't be an obstacle when there's two perfectly fine versions of the game to enjoy already :)

not really.

the point of all the video was: "PC gamers asking to port one of the best games this year on PC from console. If the thing we ask does not sound good, then here are reasons A B C D E F ... X Y Z why it could be a good idea."
    and what happened: "console gamers went all out and got very angry: " HOW DARE YOU NOT TO BUY THAT HARDWARE AND ASK FOR THAT GAME TO BE PORTED TO PC, ARE YOU SAYING CONSOLES ARE ****!? YOU DAMN BASTARDS!" "

what alot of people forgeting is that TB ( and alot of other PC gamers ) have that console or even that game, but they would enjoy that on pc more then on console. This is where it all ends, when god ideas being miss sunderstood, and becomes a food for fanboys war.

As for PC vs Console, me and some other forum members game great valid points about PCs, but we were point blank refused to be listen to and just made as laughing stock. you get a knowladge from people who own PC and consoles, so they can give a non one sided opinion on perks and downsides, but instead, it just turns in to what we have here.

there are good few lads on "building PC" forum on boards.ie, i am always checking that forum and always give a hand to people who decide to go and try to build first gaming pc, no matter if its high end machine or low budget starter machine, me and most of the lads there will try to give our 110% to make fellow gamers happy. It makes me happy as more and more people who have passion for games will try new things! When i see people who wont see anything pass their own circle of vision, then it makes me just sad. Its like middle ages: if i dont know it, it means its EVIL and should be burned!

as for me taking a piss with all "peasants and godly PC master race". everyone who knows where that phrase came up and what it actually means will know, that is just messing around and taking a piss thing ( irish people are very good at it). it was even invented by console person and not the biggest fan of pc gaming.

if i reached at least one hardcore console gamer, who refuses even to "know" that there is something more then console, with this, then i am very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Magill wrote: »
    most of the best games for consoles this generation have been platformers/adventure styled games.. i don't see how you can say they're dumbed down PC games, thats just a little idiotic really.

Eh? You have to be kidding , the biggest games on consoles these days are FPS's/shooters and everyone knows this.

Of course there are other games, don't be so pedantic you know what I meant.

Idiotic? Ha this thread has turned idiotic. People need to stop being so over sensitive about their favourite platform.

Point I was making, using the resi evil example. Look at the ps1 titles V resi evil 5. They turned it into a shooter. Now I enjoyed 5, thanks to its coop.

But I wanted to relive the kinda experience I had playing the 1st game on console and it was Demon Souls that did that for me finally.

Now everyone agrees that Dark Souls is a good game yeah? Yeah?

Does anyone really have a problem with it coming to PC? Most PC gamers have consoles but still there's many who would rather play it on their PC. Except that and move on. Why are people arguing. A good game released on all platforms is a good thing no?

Was there this much bitching when it was announced Dark Souls would be on the 360 too and not just the PS3 this time around?

Actually there probably was....

Sigh, console gamers......

(I jest I jest) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

not really.

the point of all the video was: "PC gamers asking to port one of the best games this year on PC from console. If the thing we ask does not sound good, then here are reasons A B C D E F ... X Y Z why it could be a good idea."
    and what happened: "console gamers went all out and got very angry: " HOW DARE YOU NOT TO BUY THAT HARDWARE AND ASK FOR THAT GAME TO BE PORTED TO PC, ARE YOU SAYING CONSOLES ARE ****!? YOU DAMN BASTARDS!" "
    That's not what happened at all. johnny_ultimate made the point that many of us who game on a variety of platforms cannot understand why people don't just bite the bullet and, assuming they can afford it, have both a PC and at least one console in order to enjoy the widest variety of games. Your reply to this was the first to introduce the idea of the angry console player who has still yet to actually appear on the thread.
    As for PC vs Console, me and some other forum members game great valid points about PCs, but we were point blank refused to be listen to and just made as laughing stock. you get a knowladge from people who own PC and consoles, so they can give a non one sided opinion on perks and downsides, but instead, it just turns in to what we have here.
    Yes, some valid points were made. I was happy to see the distinction being made between PC gaming being an expensive upfront cost rather than it being just flat out expensive. However the majority of the other points were made with an annoying amount of hypocrisy and condescension which stifled any chance of a reasonable debate happening.
    as for me taking a piss with all "peasants and godly PC master race". everyone who knows where that phrase came up and what it actually means will know, that is just messing around and taking a piss thing ( irish people are very good at it). it was even invented by console person and not the biggest fan of pc gaming.
    Quite true, yet when I used it while referencing a completely idiotic quote from the petition which actually make the case for the port weaker and which thankfully no one has tried to defend yet and only one person has mistakenly agreed with, you responded with a sarcastic rolleyes comment.
    Sisko wrote: »
    Eh? You have to be kidding , the biggest games on consoles these days are FPS's/shooters and everyone knows this.
    Despite the above being patently untrue, what you originally said was...
    When I bought a ps3 I was looking forward to playing some console games again but instead they went down the Quake 2 path and its filled with PC games dumbed down and compressed onto a console.
    Replying to this isn't being sensitive, it's pointing out complete rubbish. To make matters worse, you said that and then made your Demon's Souls gaff all the while talking down to other users. And then you wonder why people get angry?

Now, as for the current issue, while some PC only gamers are waiting for news on Dark Souls, may I recommend Severance: Blade Of Darkness to keep them going if they haven't already played it. Sure it's not as new as Dark Souls but it's still a highly enjoyable and quite challenging action RPG. Only downside is I haven't been able to find it anywhere for purchase new, at least on none of the major digital distribution sites or retail sites. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

gizmo wrote: »

Now, as for the current issue, while some PC only gamers are waiting for news on Dark Souls, may I recommend Severance: Blade Of Darkness to keep them going if they haven't already played it. Sure it's not as new as Dark Souls but it's still a highly enjoyable and quite challenging action RPG. Only downside is I haven't been able to find it anywhere for purchase new, at least on none of the major digital distribution sites or retail sites. :(

severance: blade of darkness is one of the best rpg hack/slashers in the business. the graphics are decent enough for such an old game, they give it a charming feel rather than a "my god, this game is so old" feel.

everything else gizmo said was nonsense obviously

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Sisko wrote:
    When I played ps1 back in the day there was plenty of great console games what worked brilliant on it, resi evil 1 and the likes. Then there was PC games that didnt. Quake 2.

When I bought a ps3 I was looking forward to playing some console games again but instead they went down the Quake 2 path and its filled with PC games dumbed down and compressed onto a console.
    Sisko wrote:
    Point I was making, using the resi evil example. Look at the ps1 titles V resi evil 5. They turned it into a shooter. Now I enjoyed 5, thanks to its coop.

This point make no sense. Resident Evil 5 was a continuation of the widly successful forumula from Resident Evil 4, a game that many rate as the best in the series and one of the best games of all time.

They changed the series because the old formula was running stale. There was at least 8 games using the old formula at that stage. RE1, REmake, RE2, Nemisis, Code Veronica, RE0, Outbreak and Outbreak 2. Any series that goes on for that long needs a refresh after a while.

RE4 and 5 are 3rd person shooter games which was a genre that wasn't started on PC, it was a more common genre on consoles than on PC.
    Sisko wrote:
    Idiotic? Ha this thread has turned idiotic. People need to stop being so over sensitive about their favourite platform.

Stop using the term dumbed down. You use this in alot of posts when talking about console games and it implys console players aren't as intelligent as PC gamers.

Wow, some seriously blinkered recollections.

Replying to this isn't being sensitive, it's pointing out complete rubbish.

Its complete rubbish that Quake 2 was a dumbed down version of the great game that it was on PC.......oooooooooookay.

Getting worked up over facts is being over sensitive.

RE4 and 5 are 3rd person shooter games which was a genre that wasn't started on PC, it was a more common genre on consoles than on PC.

Stop using the term dumbed down. You use this in alot of posts when talking about console games and it implys console players aren't as intelligent as PC gamers.

It went from being a deep and interesting horror game to being a mindless shooter. Just seemed everything has to be a shooter these days, a genre that's weak on the consoles and thus Demon Souls was a breath of fresh air.

I will never stop using the term dumbed down when that is very much the case. I am not however implying anything about the intelligence of anyone playing. Often the games have to be dumbed down to even work on a console. If anyone is implying anything about the intelligence of console gamers its the developers. I don't use the term dumbed down when just talking about consoles games. BF3 is dumbed down compared to BF2 for example. "Oh we better not let the poor gamers get annoyed about being blown up by a grenade , lets make sure there's a big giant red flashing light on the grenade and a 5 second delay plus someone shouting "GRENADE" and a very loud banging noise when it hits the ground so our poor dumb gamers are completely aware someone had thrown a grenade at them....we wouldn't want to make it too hard for them".

**edit**

But seriously though to think someone would judge someone's intelligence on what platform they play videos games on? Come on that is some serious over sensitivity.

Jesus this is a horrible thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Its complete rubbish that Quake 2 was a dumbed down version of the great game that it was on PC.......oooooooooookay.

Getting worked up over facts is being over sensitive.
    The level of backtracking is reaching staggering levels. I'll quote it once more for posterity...

You weren't talking about Quake 2 in the above quote, you were talking about the platform being filled with ports of PC games which don't work. This is complete rubbish.

Just to clarify though, I was aware Quake 2 got a port to the Playstation. If I remember correctly it was also a horrifically compromised port which, control system aside, was never going to work. A better example to use would be Quake III with it's Dreamcast port which, all things considered, wasn't actually that bad. What proved to be far more interesting, however, was the PC-side hack which allowed both sets of players to face off against each other. The result was probably the best example of why a keyboard and mouse is better suited to FPS games than a controller. :)
    I will never stop using the term dumbed down when that is very much the case. I am not however implying anything about the intelligence of anyone playing. Often the games have to be dumbed down to even work on a console. If anyone is implying anything about the intelligence of console gamers its the developers. I don't use the term dumbed down when just talking about consoles games. BF3 is dumbed down compared to BF2 for example. "Oh we better not let the poor gamers get annoyed about being blown up by a grenade , lets make sure there's a big giant red flashing light on the grenade and a 5 second delay plus someone shouting "GRENADE" and a very loud banging noise when it hits the ground so our poor dumb gamers are completely aware someone had thrown a grenade at them....we wouldn't want to make it too hard for them".
    Due to the fact that I primarily play BF3 on the PC in Hardcore mode, I didn't even realise that multiplayer had grenade indicators. Maybe if you want to avoid the game being dumbed down you should try it?

Sisko wrote:
    It went from being a deep and interesting horror game to being a mindless shooter. Just seemed everything has to be a shooter these days, a genre that's weak on the consoles and thus Demon Souls was a breath of fresh air.

Resident Evil deep? Seriously????
    Come on the series is about as deep as a puddle in the middle of Death Valley. There is nothing deep about either the gameplay mechanics or storyline in the Resident Evil series. Did you honestly find the horror elements scary once you got past the age of 12?
    Sisko wrote:
    But seriously though to think someone would judge someone's intelligence on what platform they play videos games on? Come on that is some serious over sensitivity.

Jesus this is a horrible thread.

Because thats the way you come across. I'm far from the only one who thinks this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

not really.

As gizmo said, you're the only one inferring the presence of a console fanboy brigade here! The reason I'm not engaging with the PC vs console debate running throughout this thread is because I think it's a pointless waste of time and effort to engage in a discussion there will be no winner, only losers (readers and posters alike). I was tempted to reply to some blatant mistruths - such as the suggestions that buying multiple controllers on a console is a necessity rather than an entirely optional luxury, just like it is on PC (and trust me: you're not getting very far on MAME with a mouse and keyboard) - but again didn't want to get dragged into an argument I have no interest in having. I play both on all consoles and PC, and see positives and negatives to both. But mostly I just want to play the widest variety of games possible - it's not like I'm going to not play a game as joyous as Zelda Skyward Sword just because it's motion controlled on the Wii in standard definition. You are the one selectively choosing to ignore the countless time myself, gizmo, super_furry and others have said we're all for a Dark Souls port, because we are equal opportunities gamers and wish for everyone to be able to play in their preferred capacity. But we also are willing to acknowledge that reality does not reflect that utopian goal of equality, and hence have decided to actively engage with all gaming formats as necessity dictates.

As for the argument that console gaming is quote unquote dumbed down? I'm happy to report that Dark Souls is every bit the challenging, skill-based game PC gamers seemingly lust after. And it originated on console, as did the likes of Disgaea - the only game for stats and menus obsessed RPG fans! - Ninja Gaiden and Mega Man (back in the day). So no: PC is not the only place for so-called hardcore gaming. And I'd also point out that there's a big difference between genuinely dumbing down and positively improving accessibility through streamlining: but that's an argument for another day.

And I'd also point out that there's a big difference between genuinely dumbing down and positively improving accessibility through streamlining: but that's an argument for another day.

Thumbs up! The term dumbed down is used far too much. But there are cases where it does apply.

Thumbs up! The term dumbed down is used far too much. But there are cases where it does apply.

Indeed. To take Skyrim as an example: I think that not having to choose a fixed specialty at the outset (you only choose a general class) is a massive improvement over Oblivion and Fallout 3, but also think the general one-screen levelling system is a step in the wrong direction. Nor do I want a levelling screen that takes me four or five button clicks to simply navigate through.

Nor do I want a levelling screen that takes me four or five button clicks to simply navigate through.

That was an awful design decision. Don't know what they where smoking when they came up with that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

at least the PC version wouldn't suffer from the horrible FPS drops, like in blight town.

I don't see how Quake 2 was a dumbed down port on the PS1. From what I remember it was an excellent port which added new elements to the game to replace the larger levels that the PS1 couldn't handle. It was also hardly dumbed down considering in retrospect Quake 2 was as dumb a FPS as you can get.

The level of backtracking is reaching staggering levels. I'll quote it once more for posterity...

You really don't get what I'm saying do you. The genre FPS is a PC genre that got squeezed onto the consoles and started to take off in popularity, overshadowing the types of games that used to work well on console that I enjoyed before this happened. Such became a trend to make everything a shooter. A shooter by default would be best kept to PC. (not that it should be) This is why demon souls is the perfect console game, its not trying to be a pc game thus it does not end up feeling limited in what it should have been as a game. It plays to the consoles strengths and doesn't dumb anything down . Reminds me of the classic gaming of years past.
    Due to the fact that I primarily play BF3 on the PC in Hardcore mode, I didn't even realise that multiplayer had grenade indicators. Maybe if you want to avoid the game being dumbed down you should try it?

HA! & he wips out his e-penis. Jaysus. Listen I have arma when I wanna play a "hardcore" sim. BF3's default mode of play should be the same as BF2's. Then maybe they should have softcore mode for the console gamers or something. I would play hardcore mode if it was the same settings as BF2/1942 but its not. I highly doubt you get to control how far you can throw grenades in hardcore mode too. In fact I'm pretty damn sure those flashing lights on the nades are still there in hardcore mode so I'm not sure how you've not noticed :confused:

Resident Evil deep? Seriously????
    Come on the series is about as deep as a puddle in the middle of Death Valley. There is nothing deep about either the gameplay mechanics or storyline in the Resident Evil series. Did you honestly find the horror elements scary once you got past the age of 12?

Resi 1 is deeper than resi 5 gameplay wise in the context of the series itself is what I'm getting at. And for its time Resi 1 was pretty impressive. I'm not talking about story at all btw, they are all equally as cheesy (intentionally so I think) The cheesyness is whats fun about Resident Evil.

Because thats the way you come across. I'm far from the only one who thinks this.

Hahahahahaha. Well people need to not take comments so personally then. I will always use the term dumbed down when that is very much what has taken place. I mean visuals and game play. Usually to suit the more casual players of a game. People who wanna chill on a couch and have a relaxing game of an FPS owning noobs without having to worry about watching for grenades or looking for the enemy and would rather red flashing lights and 3d red arrows above enemys heads to do the work.

I play consoles too and totally understand it, the simpler the better on a console. Nothing to do with the person playing its to do with the type of gameplay that works better in that setting. (FPS)

Auto-aim for example automatically means dumbing down the game. Not cause the user is too stupid but cause the hardware is lacking.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I don't see how Quake 2 was a dumbed down port on the PS1. From what I remember it was an excellent port which added new elements to the game to replace the larger levels that the PS1 couldn't handle. It was also hardly dumbed down considering in retrospect Quake 2 was as dumb a FPS as you can get.

So the PS1 version of Quake 2 is better than the PC version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Of course there are other games, don't be so pedantic you know what I meant.

I don't think YOU know what you meant judging by some of your replies ! Who cares what the "Biggest" games are... there has been an absolute ton of great non-fps games released this generation.

Its not being over sensitive, its pointing out bull****. And why do you assume consoles are my perfered platform ! I've told you this before but I have always been a PC gamer, i've played nearly every decent competitive shooter since the late 90's fps ! And the fact i've just spent a **** load of money building a new rig should be enough proof of that.
    Does anyone really have a problem with it coming to PC? Most PC gamers have consoles but still there's many who would rather play it on their PC. Except that and move on. Why are people arguing. A good game released on all platforms is a good thing no?
    I dont think anyone has objected a PC release... the only reason people are arguing is because of this PC elitist bull**** that a certain few posters love to spread.

Its alrite saying it in jest once... but seriously.. the millionth time, its just trolling.. FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I don't own any consoles so would like to see Dark Souls available for PC; I dipped in and out of the long Dark Souls thread on here over the past few months and it seems like a really good game. I'm one of those who miss games that don't arrive on PC though, I just don't have the drive to bother investing in 'extra gadgets' - gaming consoles - as I feel my gaming needs are pretty much fulfilled on PC and those games I miss as a result, I can live without. It is not like I'd ever be able to play each and every good game out there anyhow, even on PC, realistically no-one in the world has the time to do so!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

ionapaul wrote: »
    I don't own any consoles so would like to see Dark Souls available for PC; I dipped in and out of the long Dark Souls thread on here over the past few months and it seems like a really good game. I'm one of those who miss games that don't arrive on PC though, I just don't have the drive to bother investing in 'extra gadgets' - gaming consoles - as I feel my gaming needs are pretty much fulfilled on PC and those games I miss as a result, I can live without. It is not like I'd ever be able to play each and every good game out there anyhow, even on PC, realistically no-one in the world has the time to do so!

I was about to post the exact same thing. I know I miss good games by refusing to play consoles but I can live with that. Only so many hours in the day etc. Nothing to do with any kind of superiority complex on pc or anything just a preference. I like to game, develop my web stuff, watch tv, youtube, listen to music all from the same place. I'm lazy lets face it but I'll live without playing all these classics I'm missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no need really to miss out on any games. a second hand xbox is very cheap, even if you just used it for games like dark souls that do not come out on the PC.

I feel the same way about other consoles and the PC to be honest.

Whenever I see a good game on the 360, DS or PC I just think its not worth it to play just one game.

Usually one of the platforms is enough in this generation (dare I say).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Posting to subscribe for the lulz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Can't believe that this thread has turned into this, well I can actually but nevermind.

Two points to make, firstly Dark Souls should be ported to the PC as it is awsome and my GoTY. Everyone deserves to play it regardless of what platforms they have / have not.

Second point regarding the whole PC / Console argument. I hate the fanboy attitude and the worst thing is most people who fall into that category don't even realize they are in it.

If you want to experience everything you can from games then the fact of the matter is you need to have both a PC and at least one of the 2 lead consoles. Both platforms are great in their own ways and have their advantages over the other.

Let's set it straight right now, yes PC's are more expensive than consoles but you get more with the package. I also think most console only gamers do tend to overestimate the cost with buying a gaming PC as they can be made for very good value if done right. Also a PC can transcend two generations of console if thought is put into the build which can amount to the price of 2 or more consoles. So in hindsight it's not as bad as it's made out to be.

On the flipside PC gamers who preach that PC's are infinitely better then consoles for gaming are just plain wrong. This thread is evidence of that, Dark Souls is arguably one of the best RPG's ever made and currently it is console only. Loads of console exclusives are fantastic.

Personally I do most of my gaming on the PC as it is definitely the better platform for competitive gaming. I've played TFC, CS, Q3 and HoN for competitive teams over the years and this is the type of gaming I get most enjoyment out of. However competitive gaming can be tiring at times which is when I turn to my console for the more relaxed comfortable approach. Lately I find myself with alot less gaming time on my hands so catching up on some great single player titles on my PS3 is what im doing right now and I love it.

TL DR version: Different people want and get different things from gaming. PC and console gaming while at the core are the same premise can be very different. Both have their merits and disadvantages. Pick whichever suits you and you are happiest with but ultimately if you want to get everything you can from games get both (if expenses allow)!! :pac:

Advertisement