Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you want Dark Souls on PC?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Anyone claiming PC gaming is somehow extortinately expensive hasnt a damn clue. for a start, games are chaper (Batman AC for 16 euro over christmas on greenmangaming thank you very much).

Also, i recently took a desktop PC in work, a fairly bog standard dell optiplex POS, and for the princely sum of 20 euro have it running skyrim, high deatils, and higher resolution than on console, higher framerate too.

i was given a 9800GT, which i looked up on ebay and was going for 16 euro, i found the extra ram in work, all i paid for was the new PSU...and there you go, a gaming rig as powerful as any console for next to nothing.

Also, dark souls on PC please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone claiming PC gaming is somehow extortinately expensive hasnt a damn clue. for a start, games are chaper (Batman AC for 16 euro over christmas on greenmangaming thank you very much).

Also, i recently took a desktop PC in work, a fairly bog standard dell optiplex POS, and for the princely sum of 20 euro have it running skyrim, high deatils, and higher resolution than on console, higher framerate too.

i was given a 9800GT, which i looked up on ebay and was going for 16 euro, i found the extra ram in work, all i paid for was the new PSU...and there you go, a gaming rig as powerful as any console for next to nothing.

Also, dark souls on PC please :D

Curious argument about your PC...

So if:

1) I can get a free desktop from work that has pretty sweet specs by the sound of things

2) Find (or steal) ram from the workplace

3) Get given a free graphics card

Then, and only then, will I have a Skyrim ready PC for only 36euro.

Hmm...where do I sign up!

noodler wrote: »
    Curious argument about your PC...

So if:

1) I can get a free desktop from work that has pretty sweet specs by the sound of things

Then, and only then, will I have a Skyrim ready PC for only 36euro.

Hmm

or you could spend the going rate of those parts on ebay and build pc of the same spec for about 150 euro and have a PC that outperforms consoles, has a vastly superior library of games and a better digital distribution model than any console, and be saving money on cheap games on steam. As i say, try finding a copy of batman AC on console for 16 euro. or you could ignore these arguments and continue on with a pretty stupidly blinkered view of pc gaming, its up to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

or you could spend the going rate of those parts on ebay and build pc of the same spec for about 150 euro and have a PC that outperforms consoles, has a vastly superior library of games and a better digital distribution model than any console, and be saving money on cheap games on steam. As i say, try finding a copy of batman AC on console for 16 euro. or you could ignore these arguments and continue on with a pretty stupidly blinkered view of pc gaming, its up to you

If you can build me a 150euro PC that can run BF3 i'll give you a cookie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get a cheap on with a decent processor. Doesn't matter if it's got **** all ram and an integrated GPU because:

RAM is so cheap at the moment it might as well be stealing. You can get 8GB in your machine for next to nothing.

You can get a near top of the range GPU second hand on ebay. In fact you can get everything in those 3 points for next to nothing on ebay and have a PC that is far more powerful than a 360 or PS3 for less than the going price of those consoles.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get a cheap on with a decent processor. Doesn't matter if it's got **** all ram and an integrated GPU because:

RAM is so cheap at the moment it might as well be stealing. You can get 8GB in your machine for next to nothing.

You can get a near top of the range GPU second hand on ebay. In fact you can get everything in those 3 points for next to nothing on ebay and have a PC that is far more powerful than a 360 or PS3 for less than the going price of those consoles.

Ah come off it Retr0, you have purposely missed the point.

Anything is cheap when its bloody free.

or you could spend the going rate of those parts on ebay and build pc of the same spec for about 150 euro and have a PC that outperforms consoles, has a vastly superior library of games and a better digital distribution model than any console, and be saving money on cheap games on steam.

Hmm, yeah I'll give you 50e to build one for me!

I wouldn't be knowledgable enough to buy the correct parts, never mind build it.
    As i say, try finding a copy of batman AC on console for 16 euro.

Wouldn't argue with this.
    or you could ignore these arguments and continue on with a pretty stupidly blinkered view of pc gaming, its up to you

Then you go and spoil your nice post with this tripe? Are the PC fanboys completely unable to make a point without ending (or starting) with something like this?

Every post seems to have "ignorant this" or "blinkered that" at the end of it.

Chill out, you made a silly point about how free things are cheap which is great but not everyone can avail of such free things.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

exactly. I looked up ebay prices for the video i made, the extra 2gb ram i needed was 8 quid, and the 9800Gt was 16 quid, power supply 20 quid. Thats 40 euro, roughly the cost of a new game on console, and you can play it at higher res, higher detail, and faster fps than console.
    Not to mention just having steam gives you access to thousands of games for dirt cheap prices.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I bought a laptop on adverts for 200 euro and it plays Skyrim on medium settings at 50fps. Still looks better than my 360 version.

Did I contribute well?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

254991506_interesting_xlarge.jpeg

• Advertisement
Advertisement