Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta A304 Silver Lark v/s Lanber o/u

Options
  • 07-01-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all.

I'm a side by side user modernising :D
    Im looking for opinions on these 2 guns:

Beretta A304 sky lark semi auto

Lanber o/u 27.5" (field gun) with ejectors & multi chokes

I had a look at both in the dealers & both sit very well & are in good nick. They both seem fine guns I just dont know which would be a better buy. They are both the same price.

Any advise is very appreciated thanks :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

If that lanber is the 2077 model it is highly sought after. I've no experience of using that beretta but more then likely it's alot heavier then the lanber.

Both good guns, but both for different types of shooting. I wouldn't go walking around a field for hours with a heavy semi, that's what a nice light game gun is for.

What type of shooting do you plan on doing mainly?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭trevally

I didnt get the model numberf the lanber couldnt find it tbh, but it is lighter than the semi. I have zero experience or knowledge with semis but was told by the dealer its the way to go :cool:.. I mostly am interested in game so i def take your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I had a Lander O/U it was a game gun non ejector but it was a heavy yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭trevally

The one I viewed in the shop was light enough as light as my antique french 75 that is. I also called back to seek a model number & I was told "Lanber guns dont have model no's". I mentioned the 2077 & they never heard of a Lanber with a number.
    Anyway I found out this particular one is 12 years old.
    Would that be still a young gun in todays standards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

trevally wrote: »
    The one I viewed in the shop was light enough as light as my antique french 75 that is. I also called back to seek a model number & I was told "Lanber guns dont have model no's". I mentioned the 2077 & they never heard of a Lanber with a number.
    Anyway I found out this particular one is 12 years old.
    Would that be still a young gun in todays standards ?

If he was any good of a gun dealer he'd know that the serial number is what tells the model.
    One thing I notice about Lanbers is the metalwork where the ejectors and hinges are can wear so that would tell its age a bit.
    Depending on the money in relation to condition its hard to know its value, but if your in love with the gun then price doesn't come into it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement