Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub in/near Sandyford

Options
  • 07-01-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Moved in to Sandyford a while ago and have 2 or 3 mates of mine calling over for a few later. Im living near Lamb Doyles but could get a taxi.
    Just wondering if anyone could recommed a decent place for a few pints?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Lamb doyles is OK, you also have the blue light up the road
    http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/thebluelight.html

I'm not sure I'd be bothered with any of the other pubs in the area, I've drank in them all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

whitesands wrote: »
    Lamb doyles is OK, you also have the blue light up the road
    http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/thebluelight.html

I'm not sure I'd be bothered with any of the other pubs in the area, I've drank in them all ;)

Thanks, I liked the look of the blue light alright but just not sure of the music that will be playing later. I go to the pub for a chat rather than to be blasted out of it by the band so that's kind of putting me off really.

Only been in Lamb Doyles once but it didn't look like a place with any athmosphere, maybe it's different on Saturdays

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

All the pubs are grand enough. If you fancy food head up to wild boar in stepaside, the step inn across the road would be a bit more lively and bigger with a band on. Blue light for tasty pints and usually a band on Saturdays. Or down to Sandyford house for decent pints in standard local type bar. If you fancy more flashy cocktails and DJ type of setup head down to the bar in the beacon hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

The Step Inn, Stepaside village is near you. It's a great pub and always has a good band playing on a Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

larry1 wrote: »
    The Step Inn, Stepaside village is near you. It's a great pub and always has a good band playing on a Saturday night.

+1 to this.

Where did you end up OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

+1 on the Step Inn, leapardstown Inn on Brewery Road is not bad either and you've leapardstown racecourse as well for fillies bar and club92

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

BDJW wrote: »
    +1 to this.

Where did you end up OP?

I went to the Blue Light, decent spot for a quiet few, they called last orders at 10 to 12 though which was taking the piss so we left there and went to the Step Inn.
    The Step Inn was a good spot as well, decent band and the place was out the door, real mix of people at it as well

Advertisement