Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner wanted: 6.15am weekday runs from Croke Park

Options
  • 07-01-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I run for my university. Unfortunately, I'm unable to attend their weekday sessions this term, with the exception of Tuesdays.

I am looking for a decent athlete to go for easy 6 mile jogs with during the week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays), at 6.15am. I'll be setting off from the Elvery's shop in Croke Park. I'd like to begin next week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Lock

I'm a decent athlete!

No really, this might suit me in a few weeks time, not right now though as it doesn't fit my weekly schedule. I've been meaning to start running earlier and having someone to run with would keep me from pressing snooze on the alarm. As long as you're running under 8 minute miles I'm game, ideally around 7.20-7.30 pace. I'll message you if I'm still available when I know.

Presumably you would head out past Fairview and onto to the Clontarf seafront from Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nicholasmaltby

Lock,

This sounds great. Anything around 7/mile is good enough. I think we aim for around 7.20, if that's good for you then.

That sounds like a lovely route: I hadn't really thought it through.

When are you likely to be around from?

All the best,

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Lock

Good man Nick,

I was hoping you would be fine with that pace. The closer to 7 minutes the better. I'd hope to be available in early February, but I have to get a few things sorted first. Depending on a few wee things, I may/may not be available but honestly seeing this post today is going to motivate me to get things done so I would be in a position to knock out some early morning 6 milers with you. I'll PM you towards the end of the month to see where I'm at. Take it handy and thanks for the offer.

Lock

Sounds excellent. Look forward to hearing from you.

Darragh, when are you available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

My training plan calls for a 45min run @7:00/05 pace (4:25/km) for the next few thursdays which I'm going to be doing early am from beside croker. Could do the first couple of miles with you. Not exactly my easy pace but it should be much easier than it felt last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I do a medium/long run Thursday @ 6.30-7AM but from the phoenix park.Usually around 7min pace and 1hour 20-1hour 45
    6.15 just a little too early for me,could do the run too croke park but would have to be up at 5.45 am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I do a medium/long run Thursday @ 6.30-7AM but from the phoenix park.Usually around 7min pace and 1hour 20-1hour 45
    6.15 just a little too early for me,could do the run too croke park but would have to be up at 5.45 am :(

To be honest a 6:30 croker start would suit me better. Doing all my other running solo to a slightly earlier start for company would be alright. But any later ain't a goer. Some of us need to be in work by 9 Kev!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

I live in town and that pace sounds good. I'd be able for the monday and friday. PM me for the meet up spot.

6.15 is bang on.

EDIT: no need to pm - I see elverys now. This week I'm only good for the Thursday and Friday tho, just killing off a cold.

I think the larger the group we have for this, the better. We should aim to begin on the 16th. The pace is not such a bother at this stage, so long as we have a few people. Then we could split into two groups.

So, let's focus on being ready by the 16th. People can join or leave accordingly.

The other thing is time: it would be good if we could agree on a time finally.

7am at Elverys suits me slightly better I realise, and it seems like a happy medium. Is that too late for people?

Best,

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

If anyone happens to run at lunch (1pm) from there let me know. I work at Croker and run from there generally 3 lunchtimes a week at 04:15-04:25/km pace

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

Most people reading this thread will think this is all a bit mad. However, having become part of a group that makes an early start at weekends, I can say that it is something that people will enjoy - the group spirit, the endorphins, feeling good, being able to do it, enjoying the sun coming up and the quieter roads etc.

Best of luck to anyone getting involved. Don't forget to go to bed early enough the nights before the early starts - you could easily get a bit run down.

People, maybe the 16th is too early to get going with this. I am going to begin on the 23rd, with or without company. No one has confirmed yet tho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

People, maybe the 16th is too early to get going with this. I am going to begin on the 23rd, with or without company. No one has confirmed yet tho'.

I would be good for the 16th and 20th, i'll be running those mornings one way or another anyway.

Is everyone good for this? Maybe if we start on Wednesday (25th), would that suit everyone? The amended time?

Best,

Nick

We'll be running from Elverys from Monday at 7am. We won't wait for more than 2 or 3 minutes for latecomers. Best, Nick

Advertisement