Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree disposal in Douglas area?

Options
  • 07-01-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

as the title says, I'm looking for anywhere that may take christmas trees in the Douglas area (or anywhere for that matter!)
    Next year I'm definitely getting a fake tree;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Douglas Swimming Pool carpark - big pile of trees and the council collect them in a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just taking down our fake tree now. The fun part is trying to find somewhere to store them dammit thing. Next year definitely getting a real tree.

Just saw a sign at the entrance to mount oval for tree collection and disposal. Cost was a tenner but didn't note the number obviously. Pop over and have a look if you are stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

there is a place halfway down skehard road, its run by the council, you just get the tree out of the car and fling it into the heap of them!
    its where the recycling bins are just before the entrance to kilbrack lawn,

the only problem is that pretty much every year someone sets the pile of them on fire:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

excellent, thanks for the info folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Posh Boy

Are there specific times you can drop off your old tree or can you just roll up at any time and drop it there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

roll up anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

End up chopping it up and putting it into rubbish bin every year. A process that takes about 6 months. Took it to collection site once but car was covered in pine needles. Never got rid of them.

regress wrote: »
    End up chopping it up and putting it into rubbish bin every year. A process that takes about 6 months. Took it to collection site once but car was covered in pine needles. Never got rid of them.

that's what I did for the past 2 years, it was last September before I saw the last of 2010's tree!
    This year I dropped it off at the swimming pool in Douglas, much handier, it's easy to hoover up a few pine needles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I am ashamed to say last years is still down the side of the house - this years is looking at me from the back garden. I suppose I will have to drop it over to the swimming pool this week. I would be too embarrassed to try and drop off last years too. I should be on that show Shameless!:o

murphym7 wrote: »
    I am ashamed to say last years is still down the side of the house - this years is looking at me from the back garden. I suppose I will have to drop it over to the swimming pool this week. I would be too embarrassed to try and drop off last years too. I should be on that show Shameless!:o

I hear ya, you are not alone. As I said, last summer people were amused (probably shocked!) to see my poor Christmas tree still dumped out the back!

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Just saw a sign at the entrance to mount oval for tree collection and disposal. Cost was a tenner but didn't note the number obviously. Pop over and have a look if you are stuck.

I saw that sign alright. Honestly, would you pay someone to dispose of your tree?, I mean they probably take it and dump it down by the swimming pool anyway, easy money for them...I see why they put the signs up in Mount Oval...folk up there can't be seen to be disposing of their own tree surely:D

Advertisement