Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Signature

Options
  • 07-01-2012 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

Just wondering why Signature is no longer appearing?

I've had to make changes twice before because it didn't comply with the rules but i saw no annoucement about further changes on sig rules.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Vanbis wrote: »
    Just wondering why Signature is no longer appearing?

I've had to make changes twice before because it didn't comply with the rules but i saw no annoucement about further changes on sig rules.

Your signature was in breach of the rules, which have not changed in some time. The text "sig2big" is pretty self-explanatory - your signature was too big. There are 3 things to remember with regards to signature sizing: the width (current max 500px), the height (current max is 125px) and file size (current max is 30k).

KeanVanSig1.jpg

This image is 31.4kB, it is too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Your signature was in breach of the rules, which have not changed in some time. The text "sig2big" is pretty self-explanatory - your signature was too big.

This image is 31.4kB, it is too big.

Well aware of rules. I changed it last time and a Mod said it was ok then. I've being posting for a while and it was never flagged before until now which is why i thought the rules had changed.

Well aware of rules. I changed it last time and a Mod said it was ok then. I've being posting for a while and it was never flagged before until now which is why i thought the rules had changed.

And I was just telling you the rules haven't changed in quite a while :) They're available to view by clicking the link in sig2big. The mod was incorrect in telling you the signature was fine.

And I was just telling you the rules haven't changed in quite a while :) They're available to view by clicking the link in sig2big. The mod was incorrect in telling you the signature was fine.

Fair enough, he was wrong. I just find it annoying that i allowed to post away and it was never mentioned within a year of posting and then all of sudden it stops and told to change it again.

I wasn't having a go at you either ;)

• Advertisement

Fair enough, he was wrong. I just find it annoying that i allowed to post away and it was never mentioned within a year of posting and then all of sudden it stops and told to change it again.

There's no real way to automatically validate signatures so we rely on user reporting. Admins edit reported sigs without prejudice so it's nothing personal :) Because of the nature of user reporting glaring breaches (e.g. 800px wide, 1MB file size etc) tend to get reported very quickly, more subtle breaches like yours tend to take a bit longer.

You don't have to change the signature image, you just need to run it through some image tools to reduce the file size with some compression. Because I'm in a particularly helpful mood here you go - I increased compression and now it's 29.4kB. Pretty much can't see the difference too

New
    187508.jpg

Old
    KeanVanSig1.jpg

I know, i just resized it myself. As they say, your blood should be bottled.

Thank you.

You can lock or delete this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement