Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do I remove metal frame anchors from concrete?

• 07-01-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm trying to fix a side gate/door that was damaged in the wind last week. The door is attached to timber (now cracked) which is attached to the house via long metal frame anchors. I need to remove these anchors but I'm struggling!

Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Hacksaw or grinder is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

If they are express anchors they will snap if you keep hitting them up and down with a hammer numerous times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

as above except wear goggles
    what I do is put a vice grip on them and then get a long jemmy bar and using the vice grip as the support for the jemmy bar////

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

fookin express anchors... They are the worse thing ever invented. Angle grinder is your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

fookin express anchors... They are the worse thing ever invented. Angle grinder is your best bet.

As a carpenter I`d have to disagree...I think they`re the best thing ever invented. Mighty job altogether. But yeah,knockin em up and down with a hammer usually does the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Fantastic express anchors... They are the BEST thing ever invented. Angle grinder is your best bet.

fixxxed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks folks, but I agree with those who say they are a curse. Anyway, in the end I decided to leave them there as I was able to fit the new support beside them and they are shielded by the new wood so there's no chance of the old anchors catching anyone/anything.

I can see how they are good....as long as you never need to remove them! Damn strong winds :mad:

Advertisement