Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

applying for 2nd year IEC visa!(help/advice)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 stellamcartois

decision wrote: »
    right we need an official group for this issue. i take it that most people on this thread have read the basic requirements to getting a 1 year visa and are tired of seeing bloated threads with FAQ type questions being asked. if we group together our knowledge and findings on this issue we have a better crack at getting where we want to be. i would rather learn from others about what are the next steps to take post IEC rejection as it could save me hundreds in legal fees otherwise

Hey, I totally agree. I and a group of friends are in the same position, currently living in Canada for the last 21months and waiting to hear from the IEC regarding our applications. It has been 5weeks and I haven't even got receipt of application. I have friends who have received conditional acceptance (even though they also have been out of Ireland for more than 18months in the last 3 years). It seems that some make slip through the cracks for the first round but may get caught out in the 2nd round. Let me know if you start this proposed new thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hokley

I have friends who have received conditional acceptance (even though they also have been out of Ireland for more than 18months in the last 3 years). It seems that some make slip through the cracks for the first round but may get caught out in the 2nd round. Let me know if you start this proposed new thread :)

Did they just omit/leave out places on their CV? Or were they honest and did they put down all the places they'd travelled/lived in?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 stellamcartois

hokley wrote: »
    Did they just omit/leave out places on their CV? Or were they honest and did they put down all the places they'd travelled/lived in?

Cheers

Didn't see this until now! Sorry! They were honest and told the truth. I also got conditionally accepted and am over the 18 months. Just wondering if anyone has been rejected after they made payment? I paid a week ago and have been passed onto the final round so should know for certain if I will get my 2nd IEC visa (but third working holiday visa in Canada) in the next few weeks. Any feedback much appreciated! :)

Advertisement