Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player...

• 07-01-2012 4:10pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭

Why is Fair City not available on it...???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Not covered by the actors current contracts.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Not covered by the actors current contracts.

Sh*te is all I have to say about that...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

This has been the case for a while now. It used to be on RTE player aound 18 months ago.

Pretty ridiculous that they haven't sorted it out by now, epitomizes RTE tbh. Jokers.

tho eastenders is on there pretty much says how much they care about there own soap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

cause its ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Have to laugh at this goes to show the people behind the RTE Player don't do amending in the FAQ

Q 7;

Most programmes are available for 21 days from the day they were broadcast on RTÉ One or RTÉ Two television. Other programmes, including the soaps Fair City, Home and Away and EasterEnders, are available for 7 days. The length of time can vary, depending on the video-on-demand rights. The date that the programme is available until is shown clearly on the programme page.

Contacted RTE in relation to why FC isn't on RTE Player

Mail I sent playerfeedback@rte.ie:

Hi

I'd like to ask why isn't Fair City on RTE Player? it's our own Irish soap and it's not on the RTE Player, yet you have Eastenders, Home and Away and Neighbours. What does that say about our own soap?

They replied:

Dear ( )

Thank you for contacting the RTÉ player with your query. Fair City is currently unavailable to view on RTÉ Player. The programme was available for catch up on RTÉ Player for a 7 day period for a trial period only. This trial period has been brought to an end. As part of RTÉ’s overall negotiations on contractor payment rates, discussions between RTÉ and the actors union Equity are underway. Unfortunately during this period live and on demand catch up of Fair City online is suspended. Fair City is currently broadcast on RTÉ One at 8pm, 4 evenings a week; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. Repeated episodes are available to view on RTÉ One at 3.30 the day after broadcast. Best wishes, The RTÉ player Teamwww.rte.ie/player

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

Does anyone know why Eastenders has been removed from RTE Player? I was watching Mondays episode but it wouldn't show Tuesdays and has removed all traces...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Does anyone know why Eastenders has been removed from RTE Player? I was watching Mondays episode but it wouldn't show Tuesdays and has removed all traces...

No idea, but go the youtube for Eastenders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=libtyv3203M

There is Tuesday nights. Part 2 and part 3 are to the right hand side but sometimes you can get full episodes in one clip.

Just search ''Eastenders 6th March 2012'' or whatever date your looking for into the search engine. The quality is always very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Just clicked in to watch last night's H & A....

There are no episodes on IPlayer...

• Advertisement

It's all about contract if it runs and not renewed that could be one of the reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Just clicked in to watch last night's H & A....

There are no episodes on IPlayer...

Aye I got that to, was looking forward to binging on it as well.

Youtube here I come I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Home and Away is back on Player

Seen this on the RTE player facebook page

Drum roll please... Fair City is now available on RTÉ Player
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1147558

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Provided you're getting the domestic version of the RTE player as it seems to be absent from the International version. So for those of us in NI it seems to be hit and miss depending on your ISP.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 randomlamb

Complaint about the RTE player iPad app:
    This app was great for my mother. She was able to catch up on all her soaps and various show and news on my old ipad (iPad 1). She had been using is for over a year and just a week ago, a notice came up telling her she needs iOS 6 software to run this app now – which the iPad 1 is incapable of running... I can't understand the sudden need for iOS 6 when the app was running perfectly under iOS 5 for so long.
    This is a basic app that streams video. I would understand if there were some advanced features utilizing the latest operating system. There was no warning given and now the app won't work at all.
    I'm sure there are lots of other elderly people who loved using RTE player on their iPad 1 and RTE just made all of their devices redundant, and no explanation or notice given. Shocking!.....
    I put my Netflix account and app on her iPad instead so that will keep her happy for a while. Imagine Netflix, with a library of thousands of shows and movies with ultra high definition still works fine on an iPad 1, but the pretty rudimentary RTE player app isn't able to stream the few videos they have on iPad 1 any longer. I hope this is just on temporary oversight on the developer's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

Totally agree - very short sighted and over the top 'update' to the RTE Player App - anyone with an iPad 1 won't be able to use it any longer - now it is useless. Not everyone can afford to stay up to date with all the latest hardware.

randomlamb wrote: »
    Complaint about the RTE player iPad app:
    This app was great for my mother. She was able to catch up on all her soaps and various show and news on my old ipad (iPad 1). She had been using is for over a year and just a week ago, a notice came up telling her she needs iOS 6 software to run this app now – which the iPad 1 is incapable of running... I can't understand the sudden need for iOS 6 when the app was running perfectly under iOS 5 for so long.
    This is a basic app that streams video. I would understand if there were some advanced features utilizing the latest operating system. There was no warning given and now the app won't work at all.
    I'm sure there are lots of other elderly people who loved using RTE player on their iPad 1 and RTE just made all of their devices redundant, and no explanation or notice given. Shocking!.....
    I put my Netflix account and app on her iPad instead so that will keep her happy for a while. Imagine Netflix, with a library of thousands of shows and movies with ultra high definition still works fine on an iPad 1, but the pretty rudimentary RTE player app isn't able to stream the few videos they have on iPad 1 any longer. I hope this is just on temporary oversight on the developer's part.

Advertisement