Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post query

Options
  • 07-01-2012 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Just realised that the package I sent to the USA today has no tracking number. Is there anyway to stop the package going out.

Will I be able to call in on Monday 1st thing and sort it out? He said to me that it wont go out until monday , i wonder is it the evening collection?

It's the post office in clontarf. They guy there seems pretty sound. Darn it :(!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

No, once you post an item it no longer belongs to you. they wouldnt be allowed to give it back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Shelflife wrote: »
    No, once you post an item it no longer belongs to you. they wouldnt be allowed to give it back to you.

Maybe not officialy but I have had occasion to do this and I was able to get the package back. If the OP talks to the person who served him they might be able to pull it prior to it leaving the post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I don't want it back I just want to pay extra for the tracking number. I hope I don't have to pay again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think once it leaves Ireland it can't be tracked anyway? I was told the same when I was tracking something to the UK...

January wrote: »
    I think once it leaves Ireland it can't be tracked anyway? I was told the same when I was tracking something to the UK...

I am returning 2 pairs of jeans , if they go missing I am not covered. That's why I need the tracking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

If you have the name and address that it is going to and a senders name and address on the package, I'm sure they will oblige. You are just trying to add additional information and essential information (that only you would know is missing from the package) to the package to ensure delivery, you are not looking for the parcel back.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

January wrote: »

When it is in the other country, it can be tracked on the website of the postal company of that country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Out of curiosity, could you not get the Jeans in Europe?

I wonder can I ring him up and he will pull the package out. It's real bad timing as I've an college exam tomorrow!

Do local post offices answer their phone?

I rang up and he was able to pull the package out for me, panic over! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement