Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge arms broken...

Options
  • 07-01-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

Our fridge (Gourmet pride) appears to be dropping when opened making clinky noise, fridge itself working fine but seems 'steels arms' holding fridge door in place seem to be problem. We have tried tightening screws etc

Just looking for solution to fix..I contacted 'Country kitchens' who I must admit were not too helpful, they said they would charge €100 call out..seems a bit steep. Yesterday spoke with a lovely man from 'Bray services' but he told me they are basically 'poor quality fittings' and can't be replaced! Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem and found solution? It seems a real waste of money to have to replace fridge when its working fine....:confused:

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

You could try buyspares.co.uk - great site, and if they don't stock the brand of hinge you can give them the relevant details and they will do their best to source it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

are they these type of hinges? Do they have INGOL written on them??? You can get them from Amazon (obviously) and also Shomar in Dublin. Best give Shomar a ring and give them your appliance details.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Millers02

Don't know if this will help you (or be a long-term solution), but we had the same thing on our fridge a few months ago and I 'lifted' the door by pulling up on the handle - everything's still working fine (and, if nothing else, it got rid of the clinky noise).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 massage

thanks for all the tips..super! astrofluff couldn't see link for 'these type' bit yes they have INGOL written on them. Will give Shomar a ring. Thank you! Millers02 will also give that a try and thanks for site Maisy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

You will find replacements on ebay. I bought a couple a year back. I'll see if I can find them.

EDIT: here is the link to my original thread. Ebay link is in there. Not sure if it's still live though. Blocked in work.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65671113

• Advertisement
Advertisement