Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shopping for quotes do you need to reply

• 07-01-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi not sure if this is the correct forum for this question.

I recently got some quotes from several suppliers by email one was helpful but the quote wasn't as good is there a need to respond to let them know your going with someone else or should you just not respond at all.

Also is there a polite way of saying I got a better quote from someone else and I have decided not to place the order with them instead.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

I would always try to reply to quotes - more out of politeness than anything else.

But I would also say that I got a cheaper quote somewhere else - this gives them the opportunity to know how they compare with the rest of the market and they may also be prepared to come down in price a bit for you.

(this is prob not the correct forum for this so the mods may move it for you)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Wasn't sure where to post the thread as I was purchasing pet supplies.

Its more out of politeness and that I don't want them to assume i'm some time waster in case I ever need something from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Consumer Issues or
    Entrepreneurial & Business Management

It depends which you are.

Inappropriate for this forum in any case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement