Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Them Crazy Israelis are at it again!

• 07-01-2012 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

So, after a few of its citizens get their credit card details stolen, Israel flex's its muscles and threatens the suspected hacker (its suspected to be a 19 year old living in Mexico)

Such cyber-attacks are "a breach of sovereignty comparable to a terrorist operation, and must be treated as such", Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon has said.
    "Israel has active capabilities for striking at those who are trying to harm it, and no agency or hacker will be immune from retaliatory action,"

full listing;

Israel has said it will respond to cyber-attacks in the same way it responds to violent "terrorist" acts after the credit card details of thousands of its citizens were published online.

A hacker named OxOmar claiming to be Saudi said on Thursday he had leaked the private information.

Credit card companies say at least 6,000 valid cards have been exposed.

Reports say OxOmar may be a 19-year-old living in Mexico.

Such cyber-attacks are "a breach of sovereignty comparable to a terrorist operation, and must be treated as such", Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon has said.

"Israel has active capabilities for striking at those who are trying to harm it, and no agency or hacker will be immune from retaliatory action," he added, without giving further details.

An aide to Mr Ayalon said Israel was aware of the report OxOmar may be in Mexico, but had not yet requested help from the Mexican authorities, Reuters news agency reports.

You gotta love them crazy Israelis lol, pity they didnt run our country! Especially when the IMF was in town!

full story here.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16456100

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

So theyre gonna bomb the mexican town then occupy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

RichieC wrote: »

Could possibly happen Richie, or send Mossad....

In before The Zohan lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Go Israel. They're the boyos!:D none of that 'maybe he's disadvantaged sh!t'. Shoot first - ask questions later.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Jews can't be serious here!

(sorry, very sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

And in a few days we'll be reading about this teenager being shot dead, execution style

He better hide, Mossad are on the way :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think the Mexican drug gangs have probably got more weapons than the Israelis, so it should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey Israel, our ****ing passports, leave them alone, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Ghandi wrote: »
    So, after a few of its citizens get their credit card details stolen, Israel flex's its muscles and threatens the suspected hacker (its suspected to be a 19 year old living in Mexico)

"Israel has active capabilities for striking at those who are trying to harm it, and no agency or hacker will be immune from retaliatory action,"

full listing;

Israel has said it will respond to cyber-attacks in the same way it responds to violent "terrorist" acts after the credit card details of thousands of its citizens were published online.

A hacker named Omar claiming to be Saudi said on Thursday he had leaked the private information.

Credit card companies say at least 6,000 valid cards have been exposed.

Reports say OxOmar may be a 19-year-old living in Mexico.

"Israel has active capabilities for striking at those who are trying to harm it, and no agency or hacker will be immune from retaliatory action," he added, without giving further details.

An aide to Mr Ayalon said Israel was aware of the report OxOmar may be in Mexico, but had not yet requested help from the Mexican authorities, Reuters news agency reports.

You gotta love them crazy Israelis lol, pity they didn't run our country! Especially when the IMF was in town!

full story here.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16456100

OP you state a few when in fact its 6000 credit cards,Where the Israeli response might be a bit OTT I hope they catch the little mexican runt,You think he would have better things to be doing with his time ,like exposing his own country's corrupt police and politicians.Not to mention the country's 35,000 people killed last year in its drug wars.Man has his priorities all wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Go Israel. They're the boyos!:D none of that 'maybe he's disadvantaged sh!t'. Shoot first - ask questions later.

You're aware this is real life, not Call of Duty? Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

next weeks news 19 yr old mexican murdered by irish passport holders. hypocrits:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sounds like a pretty run-of-the-mill response to me. They're hardly going to beg the hacker to stop.

overshoot wrote: »
    next weeks news 19 yr old mexican murdered by irish passport holders. hypocrits:rolleyes:

The Kerry Group's got a few people in Mexico, so they better watch their backs if that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ghandee wrote: »
    Could possibly happen Richie, or send Mossad....

In before The Zohan lol

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

realies wrote: »
    OP you state a few when in fact its 6000 credit cards,Where the Israeli response might be a bit OTT I hope they catch the little mexican runt,You think he would have better things to be doing with his time ,like exposing his own country's corrupt police and politicians.Not to mention the country's 35,000 people killed last year in its drug wars.Man has his priorities all wrong.

Oops....

Missing the word thousand in the OP... My bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

they have probably just glanced at his chain of VPN or proxies addresses, no one capable of playing credit card fisticuffs with a country woud be stupid enough to do it without any.
    serious back tracing,do that israelis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Too many countries/people these days seem to be confusing criminal (and legal) activities with terrorism.

Photography in a public place, quote prevention of terrorism law.
    Journalists in Ethiopia doing their job, facing 11 years for terrorism.
    UK MOD listing investigative journos on the terror watch list.

But, right-wing planting bomb at Martin Luther King parade, racism, not terrorism.
    Assassination as a national policy, not terrorism.

and so on ad nauseam.

The T-word seems to be losing it's proper meaning.

tricky D wrote: »
    Too many countries/people these days seem to be confusing criminal (and legal) activities with terrorism.

Photography in a public place, quote prevention of terrorism law.
    Journalists in Ethiopia doing their job, facing 11 years for terrorism.
    UK MOD listing investigative journos on the terror watch list.

But, right-wing planting bomb at Martin Luther King parade, racism, not terrorism.
    Assassination as a national policy, not terrorism.

and so on ad nauseam.

The T-word seems to be losing it's proper meaning.

When the "good guys" fund terrorists who carry out atrocities they call it counter terrorism.

War is peace ect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

This is a good move by Israel. I don't expect Israel to take this issue lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

ejmaztec wrote: »

I think the Mexican drug gangs have probably got more weapons than the Israelis, so it should be interesting.

Yes, but that Israeli sense of entitlement is truly a formidable weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Again the double standards of that rogue state. Steel our passports... no problem. Someone steals their credit cards... terrorism.

I wouldn't be surprised by what their politicians say or do. They sound like a bunch of criminals. Former president done for rape, another done for embezzlement and another for fraud etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

And then they'll start moving in the settlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

voodoo wrote: »
    Again the double standards of that rogue state. Steel our passports... no problem. Someone steals their credit cards... terrorism.

I wouldn't be surprised by what their politicians say or do. They sound like a bunch of criminals. Irish td's.Former president done for rape, another done for embezzlement and another for fraud etc etc.

And don't forget the ruskies liked to use our passports to ;) and also it wasn't so long ago when our taoiseach was selling them to the dirty arabs:) Highest bidder of course secured.

woodoo wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised by what their politicians say or do. They sound like a bunch of criminals. Former president done for rape, another done for embezzlement and another for fraud etc etc.

Steal our passports and then carry out state sponcered assasination with them.. great bunch of lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I might not agree with everything the Israelis do (I don't) but most people know that if you mess with them or break their laws, they are not just going to lie down and take it.

Anyone that messes with them, has to expect some reaction more often than not!

And then they'll start moving in the settlers.

They'll be Palestinian settlers on this occasion, kill two birds with one stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Meh, if someone were to steal my info and post it online I can't say I'd be too displeased if the little rascal was turned into a smoking hole in the ground :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Dangerous situation for the Mexican chap to be in. The Israelis have free reign to 'flex their muscles' worldwide without any fear of repercussions, the USA will see to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Hacker attacks these days could be a lot worse then just credit card fraud. You could bring down the systems at airports, our power and phone net works, you could interfere with the safety systems at chemical or nuclear plants and many more.

So I agree with the "Israelites", besides IMHO the world would be a better place without hackers and the Kunts who keep making computer viruses. So nuke mexico and we at least get one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

44leto wrote: »
    So nuke mexico and we at least get one of them.

Get lots of drug smugglers too, it's a win-win situation for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Hacker attacks these days could be a lot worse then just credit card fraud. You could bring down the systems at airports, our power and phone net works, you could interfere with the safety systems at chemical or nuclear plants and many more.

That always confuses me. Wtf is the national nuclear system doing connected to the internet? Surely, if for some reason, you needed the internet in a nuclear bunker, it'd be safer to run two lines of copper in and just not network the military system into the civilian?~

Nevore wrote: »

That always confuses me. Wtf is the national nuclear system doing connected to the internet? Surely, if for some reason, you needed the internet in a nuclear bunker, it'd be safer to run two lines of copper in and just not network the military system into the civilian?~

They wouldnt be. It would be idiotic. It looks great in ink though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Bit rich coming from a country suspected of being behind the Stuxnet worm

Advertisement