Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to look for accomodation for september?

• 07-01-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

hey, i was just looking at daft (avoiding doing actual work :P) and found a good house for myself and a few friends, was just wondering when should i ring the landlord? would now be too early or would it be better to get in asap? thanks for any replies!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

No harm in contacting him now and asking him when he'd be showing the house and taking deposits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Absolutely no harm in contacting now, but also there's a list of houses available on the UCC accommodation office website and they'll usually still be available up until midsummer, even later (I didn't have anywhere this year til mid-August and found one) so if that one doesn't work out, just don't panic, you've plenty of time.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Folks, can I just point out that it's January. Just saying.....

Byron85 wrote: »
    Folks, can I just point out that it's January. Just saying.....

The UCC student accommodation (Castlewhite, Uni Hall, Vic Lodge) is usually gone by February iirc. Just saying...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

The UCC student accommodation (Castlewhite, Uni Hall, Vic Lodge) is usually gone by February iirc. Just saying...;)

The original poster is looking on Daft, not the student accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Lads, its a thread about accom...:rolleyes: If people want to sort a house out now, then let them. A good few houses are gone before then end of this semester. Last April, my housemates and I went house looking, we had 4 houses called and looked at, 3 were gone within like 2 days. We only got this one by the skin of our teeth. Better to be safe rather than sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Looked for a house last year in April(early) didn't have any issues with them getting though we couldn't see much of them as most were still with tenants, got a really nice house though so recommend getting in there early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

When can you book Victoria Mills does anyone know?

Meglamonia wrote: »

Not yet anyway, their website has nothing up, contact details below though, they might know a rough date in the office.

Victoria Mills Student Accommodation, Victoria Cross, Cork, Ireland.
    Phone: 021 4867615 Fax: 021 4343174
    Email:
    info@victoriamills.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Meglamonia wrote: »

April I think..

• Advertisement
Advertisement