Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband??

Options
  • 07-01-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Posted this in a different forum, hoping for better response here:

Just moved into a house in Navan and I am trying to price broadband only packages- what is the best provider out there- I have tried eircom, Vodafone and imagine. So far I'm thinking imagine but am open to suggestions!

Also what speed would I be looking for. It's just me and my gf with laptops and iPhones- with standard usage- watch live stream matches on occasion and was thinking about maybe (but not if it's gonna be too dear) goin live with my Xbox?

Also rang chorus and UPC is not available in my area!

Does anyone have fixed broadband from O2 or a hotshot?

Thoughts and feedback welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Just moved into a house in Navan and I am trying to price broadband only packages- what is the best provider out there- I have tried eircom, Vodafone and imagine. So far I'm thinking imagine but am open to suggestions!

Also what speed would I be looking for. It's just me and my gf with laptops and iPhones- with standard usage- watch live stream matches on occasion and was thinking about maybe (but not if it's gonna be too dear) goin live with my Xbox?

Can I ask why you would not consider sticking with Vodafone or Eircom? Just curious about that...

I reckon an ~8mb package with a ~40GB download allowance would be fine for what you are talking about. To be honest that is a basic enough package these days.

On the xBox thing, if you are talking about having an xBox live account, then the cost of that is separate to the cost(s) of your Internet package. I don't game online so I'm not sure what sort of data you might go through in a month but it sounds like you are not a hardcore gamer so it may not be an issue...

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

Ronan H wrote: »

Can I ask why you would not consider sticking with Vodafone or Eircom? Just curious about that...

I reckon an ~8mb package with a ~40GB download allowance would be fine for what you are talking about. To be honest that is a basic enough package these days.

On the xBox thing, if you are talking about having an xBox live account, then the cost of that is separate to the cost(s) of your Internet package. I don't game online so I'm not sure what sort of data you might go through in a month but it sounds like you are not a hardcore gamer so it may not be an issue...

Ro

Sorry I should clarify, when I say I've tried them I mean I rang to price them! But for the same speed line, imagine is a good bit cheaper and there is no limit! And with Xbox, I know it's separate but would it require the quicker line and would 3mb line be enough for just laptops?

Thanks for reply though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You've already posted in the right place, so this is being closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement