Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 10/70 Smartlights

Options
  • 07-01-2012 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering if anybody could give me a bit of info regarding the smartlight feature on the HKC system? Is it possible to use an ID beam for this feature aswell as using it for detection ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Was just wondering if anybody could give me a bit of info regarding the smartlight feature on the HKC system? Is it possible to use an ID beam for this feature aswell as using it for detection ?

I think it is just a standard PIR connected to a zone that can be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

May have a mess about with it so :D.. I thought i read somewhere that it can be setup so that when the entry door is open lights can be programmed to come on......il have a look see anyway. I only have a six core running to two ID beams so there wont be enough wire for the relay if it only works with standard wiring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

May have a mess about with it so :D.. I thought i read somewhere that it can be setup so that when the entry door is open lights can be programmed to come on......il have a look see anyway. I only have a six core running to two ID beams so there wont be enough wire for the relay if it only works with standard wiring

Why not just wire them into separate zones as Duel End Of Line.
    Just had a quick look at the manual there and it says that output groups are activated by triggering their associated zone or point.
    Zone map menu or point map menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

You can assign a point id to trip smartlight feature.there are smartlight options that you can turn on or off.like" night time"this is set to yes the light will only trip when it's dark.the panel uses the time and date to calculate dusk and dawn times and will stay on for the interval time when the door closes.so you can adjust the time the light stays on. "on 4 alarm" means when the panel goes into alarm the light will turn on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

altor wrote: »
    Why not just wire them into separate zones as Duel End Of Line.
    Just had a quick look at the manual there and it says that output groups are activated by triggering their associated zone or point.
    Zone map menu or point map menu.

There would be no way of wiring the relay then..i want to use the 6 core for that aswell ...the beam is above the light switch where the relay is going

• Advertisement
Advertisement