Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health & Safety

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Muckit wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/reallife-dr-dolittle-to-advise-teagasc-as-farm-accidents-soar-2980306.html

Another farm related article I read there on Thursday in the Indo. Rovi can't open this link myself either :o Maybe someone else can and paste it up ;)

Big fan of that woman i have to say. Check out youtube for alot of her fasinating and beneficial video clips on animal handling

We have a couple of her books here. Animals make us human and Animals in translation, both by Temple Grandin. Well worth a read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Bizzum wrote: »
    We have a couple of her books here. Animals make us human and Animals in translation, both by Temple Grandin. Well worth a read.

Very good. Must look into seeing if I can get my hands on some of them. She's amazing how one person could make such a big influence on animal handling in the US and indeed many more parts of the world. I think Claire Daines played her in a movie about her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Muckit wrote: »
    Very good. Must look into seeing if I can get my hands on some of them. She's amazing how one person could make such a big influence on animal handling in the US and indeed many more parts of the world. I think Claire Daines played her in a movie about her life.

I didn't see the film.
    The book depository is where I buy most of the books I read. Free postage and swift delivery.

thebookdepository.co.uk I think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I see that Ennis Mart have now sheeted down the sides of the weighing scales. This is all in keeping with Temple Grandin teachings... Cattle get less spooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

pakalasa wrote: »
    I see that Ennis Mart have now sheeted down the sides of the weighing scales. This is all in keeping with Temple Grandin teachings... Cattle get less spooked.

Ya same in Ballinasloe Mart at area entering scales. Seems the info is filtering through....... slowly :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to come up with a cheap and tastful way to sheet a few gates around yard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 martinabbi

Sorry Martinabbi, we don't allow advertising or promotion on the forum.

Check out our charter here

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message!

Reilig

Advertisement