Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Pay/PAYG Meteor?

Options
  • 07-01-2012 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

I am a Meteor billpay customer, and recently got an upgrade along with a 12 month contract. Unfortunately the phone I got is a Nokia C3-O1, which I hate with a passion! I find the touch screen impossible to use, it keeps jumping! I was told I'd get used to it, but after 3 months of constantly wanting to throw it at a wall I have to admit defeat!

What I want to know is- can I go into a Meteor store, buy one of their PAYG phones (they have some on special offer) and put my billpay SIM card into it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

kelle wrote: »
    I am a Meteor billpay customer, and recently got an upgrade along with a 12 month contract. Unfortunately the phone I got is a Nokia C3-O1, which I hate with a passion! I find the touch screen impossible to use, it keeps jumping! I was told I'd get used to it, but after 3 months of constantly wanting to throw it at a wall I have to admit defeat!

What I want to know is- can I go into a Meteor store, buy one of their PAYG phones (they have some on special offer) and put my billpay SIM card into it?

yes no problem doing that what so ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

kelle wrote: »

Yes.

You can also go into an eMobile store and choose an eMobile prepay phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

That was very helpful, thank you very much Fungus and Patrickc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deadlypurchase

Not necessarily, some franchise stores will not sell you a payg phone if you tell them it is for bill pay, because the handset will not be correctly activated and therefore the franchisee will not get paid on the handset. I'd recommend you to go to a meteor retail store and not an eMobile store as most of them are franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

Not necessarily, some franchise stores will not sell you a payg phone if you tell them it is for bill pay, because the handset will not be correctly activated and therefore the franchisee will not get paid on the handset. I'd recommend you to go to a meteor retail store and not an eMobile store as most of them are franchises.

but why would you tell them its for bill pay?

• Advertisement
Advertisement