Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disable wifi on EPC2425?

Options
  • 07-01-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

I'm with UPC & have an EPC2425. I also have a dual band g/n Airport Extreme connected via ethernet. I added this for 3 reasons:

1. Improved "n" wifi capability
    2. It has a USB port, so I have connected a 1Tb external drive which acts as a wireless time machine back up for the various devices on the network
    3. I have an airport express which I use to stream music via iTunes to a hifi

The setup runs very well for the most part. All devices are connected to the airport extreme network. The EPC2425 wifi network is effectively redundant. The EPC acts solely as a wired router feeding the airport express.

The issue is this - from time to time I get wifi dropouts. From reading online, this can happen because of conflicts between competing networks. So, to eliminate this as a source of problems, I want to disable to wifi on the EPC2425. How do I do this? I can't find answer online or in the manual.
    I have tried accessing the router setting via 192.168.0.254. I can read the settings, but can't change anything because it keeps asking me for a username & password (neither of which I have).

Any help appreciated - thanks!

Comments

Advertisement