Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florist NCD

Options
  • 07-01-2012 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent, friendly, good value florist in NCD?

Need it for 2 weddings this year - relatives.

I saw a few around Swords, Malahide, Skerries etc etc but I'm looking for a word of mouth angle on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I can recommend Arbor Blooms in Skerries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

In my opinion you won't do better than Linda's florist, it's just inside the entrance to JC's Supermarket in Swords. They do beautiful arrangements and are very reasonable. they've been there for years and their flowers are always very fresh.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

+1 to Lindas, lovely women in there and very reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

skerries florist, the one opposite the church and beside Gerrys - arthur in there is amazing and very reasonable. Can't recommend him highly enough. PM me if you want images of some of the work he's done (mine and a friends wedding).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I always use the one in portmarnock village She's cheap and has great ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you get Linda in Jc's she is great.

Her part time staff are not, I once went in and after asking for advice and seeing some of their bouquets, choose some flowers which were like begonias, not fancy but I knew the person would like them, and she told me they looked cheap. Left, went to the florist in Pavillions, and buy my flowers there ever since.

Not giving money to someone who employs staff who tell their customers they are cheap just cos I didn't want to spend €40 on a jumped up arrangement of funeral like lilies!

Linda herself is lovely, but not always there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

We used Little Daisy in Skerries for our wedding and Lynette was very resonable and very good.

http://www.littledaisy.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

Bird of Paradise in Rush is brilliant. It's very good value and they do lovely arrangements to fit within whatever budget you have.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Arbour Blooms in Balbriggan is very good as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Thanks for all the replies!

I called around to the one up in Rathbeale and got some prices - seemed reasonable.

I went to the place in Malahide - more expensive but maybe you get what you pay for? Anyone got any insight there?

At any rate, I'll head up to that Arbour Blooms place in Balbriggan and say they were recommended here - big discount, I reckon. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 babykate08

#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

babykate08 wrote: »
    #

Thanks for your PM re: florist in Malahide - it wasn't, by any chance, that one on the diamond?
    Followed up there and found the woman more than a little rude. :(

Advertisement