Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscrone / Easkey Late January

Options
  • 07-01-2012 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm a beginner surfer and heading to Enniscrone for a week in late January.

The surf schools are all closed it seems. I was hoping for a lesson or two.

Do many locals / visitors surf around sligo in late January?

I don't know enough about surfing etc to go on my own.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

If no surfing, then what else can i do, with wife and child (baby) also?

Thanks

Still.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Hi

You could try SurfSligo's 7th Wave, Ger Byrne. I think he's away at the moment but give them a call anyway. http://surfsligo.com/ 0879716389 / 0857385399

should be plenty out surfing depending on the conditions, more beginners probably on the weekends.

Easkey is not for beginners just so you know

Hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Theres a childerns playground behind the main hotel which is class, have to pay in though.

If conditions are good there will always be surfers around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

rodento wrote: »
    Theres a childerns playground behind the main hotel which is class, have to pay in though.

If conditions are good there will always be surfers around.

Rarely see anyone out in enniscrone this time of year. Very strong rips and currents when the swell is bigger and from the north. I'd reccomend dunmoran strand. Nice safe beach.

Not much else to do in sligo. Seaweed baths and leisure centre in enniscrone are alright for when the weathers bad. Aughris head is a nice place to go too.

Hers some schools in sligo From the ISA website.

http://www.isasurf.ie/sligo/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Not much else to do in sligo

Loads to do if you're happy being outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Was just in Enniscrone since thursday.. yday was fairly nice, but today was flat.. went to Easkey but i didnt feel confident enough to get in. So just watched a mate instead :)

There was a couple of SUPers in enniscrone today.. dunno if it was a lesson or what

• Advertisement

Can someone please tell me what the story is with Easkey and the state of the changing/toilet facilities. There's a couch in front of the castle???

What must people from abroad think when they see the area.

They think its a kip and they won't come back

I suppose thats one way of doing it...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

keryl wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what the story is with Easkey and the state of the changing/toilet facilities. There's a couch in front of the castle???

What must people from abroad think when they see the area.

Last day I was there they had bricked up the toilets?

Yeah but I just dont understand why it's left in such a state, regardless of it being a surfing spot, it looks pretty bad.

• Advertisement

To be honest I've been in Easley regularly as I live nearby and as such it's a local break for me and I don't even give them a second glance I'm so used to it been messed/bricked up.
    It seems to be visiting surfers who raise de issue on sites like this but Yes, it is unfortunate it is in such a state but it's been a lot worse in de past.
    Hopefully it will be improved but I don't expect it to happen any time soon.
    In the meanwhile if visiting surfers tidied up after themselves, and/or picked up a couple items left behind by others, and deposited it into a bin on de way home it'd make a small improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

I'm sure its been mentioned numerously on here but public bins around that area a hard to come across, I guess the money just isn't there.

Place should have been flattened years ago, shame about tams van though

Bins are available outside of the area too or alternatively bring it home and pop in ur own recycling bin, it's not hard to do.

What happened to Tam's Van Rodent?

Cecil Mor wrote: »

Bins are available outside of the area too or alternatively bring it home and pop in ur own recycling bin, it's not hard to do.

What happened to Tam's Van Rodent?
    Trashed

Advertisement