Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifowling removal.....???

• 07-01-2012 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi guys, i am looking for a grp friendly way to remove anti fowling from the bottom of a boat, perhaps even an old wives way of doing it,
    any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi Martin if it's a small boat I would wet sand it, for a bigger boat I would go with soda or wall nut blasting it will cost a bit but save you a lot of work :D
    These might be worth a call for a price.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/1560671

Here is another with a little video
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/1805815

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 masterchef

Hi guys, i am looking for a grp friendly way to remove anti fowling from the bottom of a boat, perhaps even an old wives way of doing it,
    Thanks

Hi their is a guy in malahide called aguaclean he done my boat Brillant job same all the hassle and brought the boat back to gel coat with costa here is his details if u want. www.aguaclean.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 46 orion50

Thanks

how bad is it? Is the old antifoulding flaky ? Often you can just scrub down the old stuff and once you have removed any flaky material or barnacles you can apply fresh compatible antifouling without further hassle. I f you have barnacle growth etc (ideallly this is removed soon after the boat comes out of the water) you can remove this with a wide scraper. Any pics of what you are dealing with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Thanks for the replies guys, and yes the antifowl is starting to flake in places, and as the boat will be taken off the mooring for good, I would like to clean up the underside of the boat,
    I was just wondering if there was a compound or paste that would remove the a/f without marking or damaging the grp,
    Lazy way out and all that.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭Tow

Guaranteed to give you sore muscles in your arms never knew you had:

14WINDOWSCRA.gif

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Futtocks

Hi,

The anti-fouling remover you need is called "Dilunet Gel" . I've used it a few times and it's very good.
    http://www.marinesuperstore.com/posit/shop/index.php?

Advertisement