Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authenticator on another phone.

Options
  • 07-01-2012 8:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, i recently changed my phone and now i cannot get into my wow account.
    The authenticator is connected to my account.
    How does this work on another phone?
    I cannot contact support as i cant log in to my account.

Got thought to their phone support and have to submit government issued ID.

mods feel free to remove this :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Do you still have access to your old phone or do you have the original email you would have received when you originally set up the authenticator?

I don't have experience with the battle.net authenticator but worked in support for another online service that used vasco software+dongles, so as far as I am aware the above may be enough to log in without resorting to submitting ID

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Unfortunately i dont have the old phone or the original email.
    Thanks anways mate.
    Im in no real hurry, im not subbed atm but am considering a return.
    Thought id get things soorted meanwhile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Generally speaking, having the mobile ID and activation code should be enough for you to activate the authenticator. You can retrieve these through the old program or the original email but since neither of those are an option, forget about it.

If you still have access to the email address you have registered with your battle.net account, support should be able to re-send the email and you won't need to send in ID. However, if you don't have that email address any more, then the ID route would be the only way to go

Thanks for your replies mate, i got it sorted with phone support, sent a pic id and was sorted next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dcully wrote: »
    Unfortunately i dont have the old phone or the original email.
    Thanks anways mate.
    Im in no real hurry, im not subbed atm but am considering a return.
    Thought id get things soorted meanwhile :)

You need to go through their ID process, passport did me fine.

You have an authenticator uniqe code within options of your auth. Make sure to back it up going forward, you can simply remove it online next time round.

I went through the process three times already with issues when rooting my phone.

Every time was within easy 2 hours to get resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

now that you have it working go into the setup options and make a note of the serial number and restore code

you can use these to restore it in the future or to add the same authenticator to other devices, i have mine on my phone and ipad just incase something happens to one of them

Thanks guys, all sorted and codes noted :)

Advertisement