Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

William Street area of Waterford City

Options
  • 07-01-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Folks,

Possibly looking at investing in the William street area of Waterford city. Anybody got some information on this area of the city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 flomotion

Can you give an idea of type of investment...Housing, Retail, Pub, Restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Yipt its a one bed apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Very accessible area, I would presume reasonably Safe and quite. It’s about 400 metres from the City Centre, A few pubs nearby,two 3* Hotels , a shop, chipper, garage all a stone throw away. On the main bus route to Regional Hospital and a 2 min walk to the people’s park. You have a few good schools Secondary & National 5 mins walk away also.
    Now that you have me thinking about it, it’s not a bad place to live or rent I would say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I lived there a fair bit the last few years, Scotch Quay, the Reg Tower end of the Quay, Canada Square and a year on William St. Loved it tbh, very handy to town, the Park, public transport and nightlife (saved a fortune on taxis). My only concern there was late at night there could be a few dodgy heads around, a lot of the old houses converted to apartments seemed to be inhabited by, shall we say, less than savoury characters.

On another note, there is little to no parking for residents. Bolton St. Carpark has improved since my time there though. I hadn't a car at the time so it didn't bother me, it was just people calling to me always hassled me about where they could park! Overall it's a great location though.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

batm!ke wrote: »
    I lived there a fair bit the last few years, Scotch Quay, the Reg Tower end of the Quay, Canada Square and a year on William St. Loved it tbh, very handy to town, the Park, public transport and nightlife (saved a fortune on taxis). My only concern there was late at night there could be a few dodgy heads around, a lot of the old houses converted to apartments seemed to be inhabited by, shall we say, less than savoury characters.

On another note, there is little to no parking for residents. Bolton St. Carpark has improved since my time there though. I hadn't a car at the time so it didn't bother me, it was just people calling to me always hassled me about where they could park! Overall it's a great location though.
    Thanks for all the replies lads and useful info. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement