Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

houseshare in perth - q on bond and rent

Options
  • 07-01-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi just another quick q, hopefully someone can help me out. I plan to settle in east perth in around adelaide terrace or northbridge, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on how much i should budget for a bond and a months rent in $$s for this? or is it usually a bond and 2 months rent upfront? I will be staying with relations until i find somewhere so thats a plus!!

thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Hi just another quick q, hopefully someone can help me out. I plan to settle in east perth in around adelaide terrace or northbridge, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on how much i should budget for a bond and a months rent in $$s for this? or is it usually a bond and 2 months rent upfront? I will be staying with relations until i find somewhere so thats a plus!!

thanks a mill :)

That seems pretty pricy. I would say budget between 4-8 weeks rent inc bond.
    Bond and 2 months is about a month over.
    I've rented in 4 places in Sydney and most of them have been bond (4weeks) and 2 weeks rent in advance.
    I know of a few people who pay 1 month in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭witzky

1 month bond... Thats pretty sweet. In Adelaide its 6 weeks (bond) and 2 weeks rent..!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

witzky wrote: »
    1 month bond... Thats pretty sweet. In Adelaide its 6 weeks (bond) and 2 weeks rent..!!:eek:

yeah, it does suck a bit, but at least the bond doesn't actually go to the LL, it goes straight to the government for safe keeping as protection for both landlords and tennants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

yeah, it does suck a bit, but at least the bond doesn't actually go to the LL, it goes straight to the government for safe keeping as protection for both landlords and tennants.

Is this the same all over Australia or depending on the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

master-t wrote: »
    Is this the same all over Australia or depending on the state?
    am.. good question, and i don't know!

I thought it was all of Aus, but all i can say for sure is that it is in SA;
    http://sa.gov.au/subject/Housing%2C+property+and+land/Renting+and+letting/Finding+a+place+to+rent/Financial+considerations+for+renters/Rental+bonds

• Advertisement
Advertisement