Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering for a 'Full' module

Options
  • 07-01-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi

I tried to register for a module I'm very interested this morning only to find it was full. I've heard, however, if the module is full you can e-mail the module coordinator/lecturer asking them to join the class with the result of them more than likely excepting you in.

Is this true? What would I say in the e-mail also?

Thanks a lot!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I don't know how true it is but it's definitely worth a try. You have nothing to lose. Email something like:

Dear Dr Smith,

my name is Joseph Bloggs and I am extremely interested in taking your class, Intro to Pychology. Unfortunately, the class is appearing full on SIS. I was wondering if there is any chance I could secure a place in your class? And if not, would I be able to be put on a list in the event that someone decides to drop the class?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

All the best,
    Joseph Bloggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hi,

I'm trying to register for an elective in applied psychology, but when I select it I get an error message that "transaction failed" and "28113 PSY10090 5 Intro to Applied Psychology Lectures Time conflict with CRN 31626".

So there's a time conflict with another elective perhaps? How do I know which one, as very few subjects seem to have a "crn" code beside them, and I'd be pretty happy to drop something else to do this subject, so any ideas what I do?

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Press calender to look at your timetable, all the modules should have a CRN code on them, you'll be able to figure out which one it is!

Or if you search the elective box for the elective you want to switch to, (just the normal elective search bit, not the drop/swap section), there'll be a red X to denote a schedule conflict - press on it and it will tell you what it conflicts with.

Advertisement